- INTRODUCTION: Medical Teams International is a Christian humanitarian relief agency focused on providing life-saving medical care for people in crisis. We serve all people—regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race.
Our calling is Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Medical Team International looking for qualified applicant for the following position:
To provide quality health care services as a part of a Mobile Health and Nutrition Team (MHNT) for vulnerable Internally displaced people and host community in Afar Region, Ethiopia.
Medical / Technical
- Provide screening to ensure isolation for COVID19 or other outbreak prone diseases for patients presenting to the clinic
- Triage patients and identify those with danger signs who require priority urgent care
- Provide basic psychosocial first aid to patients and co-patients in the clinic
- Provide quality nursing care to beneficiaries including dressing changes & wound, and cleansing as needed
- Provide urgent medications and treatments to patients based on protocol and as prescribed by Medical Doctor or the Medical Officer
- Assist the Medical Doctor and Medical Officer with consultations of patients
- Assist with the screening and treatment for acute malnutrition
- Assist Pharmacist with provision of medications and instructions as necessary
- Provide patient education and instruct on prevention methods for illness, proper nutrition, and hygiene
- Assist medical staff to compile weekly and monthly reports required by the Ministry of Health as well as WHO
- Assist with additional nursing type duties as requested or trained by MHNT Manager
- Follow infection, prevention, and control protocols through maintaining good hand hygiene and appropriately using personal protective equipment
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context of Afar Region , Ethiopia
- Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the IMCI guidelines
- Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic
- Support other staff and colleagues to maintain good infection control practices to prevent spread of illnesses within the clinic and among the staff
- Support other areas of the MHNT as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of care to all
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste and sharps appropriately
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
Place of Work: Afar,Zone 2
Required Number: Three (3)
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays.
- EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTFICATION
- Diploma in Nursing
- 1 year of professional experience after qualification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self-motivated Desire to serve
- Respectful towards other cultures
- Able to establish relationships easily
- Team player
- Flexible under changing conditions
- Able to cope with basic working conditions
- Culturally aware and able to adjust
- Secure and at ease with professional skills
- Coaching/teaching skills
- Comfortable with report writing
- Planning and organizational skills
- Mentoring skills
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send their CV and Cover letter along with scanned copies of all relevant documents to Medical Teams International Ethiopia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, “Nurse ”
All applications must be submitted on or before 8 April 2022.
All applications must include a CV and copies of all applicable educational and work experience documents to be considered valid. Applicants called for an interview will be required to produce the original and legally valid copies of all documents.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.