- INTRODUCTION: Medical Teams International is a Christian humanitarian relief agency focused on providing life-saving medical care for people in crisis. We serve all people—regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race.
Our calling is Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Medical Team International looking for qualified applicant for the following position:
Place of Work: Afar,Zone 2
Required Number: One(1)
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
To provide quality pharmaceutical and health care services for vulnerable Internally displaced people and host community in Afar Region, Ethiopia.
1. Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide outpatient distribution of medications in line with the prescriptions/orders from the medical doctor and Ethiopian Government protocols, while maintaining universal infection control standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries’ health status
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the route, medication, side effects, dosing, and administration of any and all medication distributed to patient including needs for follow up or continued care pertaining to the medication
- Work with staff to ensure care and communication is culturally sensitive
- Support clinical leadership to enforce compliance with standard infection prevention and control guidelines
- Participate in the accurate clinical documentation and informing the MHNT Team Lead and Medical Coordinator as appropriate, about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness or medical error
- Support the MHNT Team Lead in monitoring the proper functioning of the clinic equipment, supplies, or pharmaceuticals
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected at all times
- Support clinical leadership to provide training and mentoring to other clinical staff in dissemination of new knowledge or protocols
- Other duties as assigned
2. Quality Management
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context of Afar Region, Ethiopia
- Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the IMCI guidelines
- Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic
- Support other staff and colleagues to maintain good infection control practices to prevent spread of illnesses within the clinic and among the staff
3. Additional activities
- Support other areas of the clinic as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of care to all
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste and sharps appropriately
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- BSc Degree in Pharmacy and certification required to work as a Pharmacist in Ethiopia.
- 2 years of professional experience after qualification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self-motivated and Desire to serve others
- Respectful towards other cultures
- Able to establish relationships easily
- Team player
- Flexible under changing conditions
- Able to cope with basic working conditions
- Culturally aware and able to adjust
- Secure and at ease with professional skills
- Coaching/teaching skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Mentoring skills
How To Apply:
- This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send their CV and Cover letter along with scanned copies of all relevant documents to Medical Teams International Ethiopia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, “Pharmacist ”
All applications must be submitted on or before 8 April 2022.
All applications must include a CV and copies of all applicable educational and work experience documents to be considered valid. Applicants called for an interview will be required to produce the original and legally valid copies of all documents.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.