Project Clerk-Wash x 2
Vacancy No. IOM-SVN/0042/22 Position Title Project Clerk-Wash x 2 Duty Station Gondar, Ethiopia Classification G3 Type of Appointment SST, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date As soon as possible Posting Period 29.03.2022 – 04.04.2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the WASH and Shelter Programme Manager the general supervision of the WASH Officer and the direct supervision of the WASH Senior Assistant, the incumbent will coordinate, implement and monitor IOM emergency WASH intervention in Gondar, and its surrounding zones in Ethiopia
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- With regular field visit, support and monitor the implementation of WASH activities for IOM Ethiopia.
- Assist in identifying relevant IDPs/ returnees’ sites that needs WASH assistance and support in assessing when requested.
- Support in doing independent identifications and verifications to affected population prior distribution
- Ensure smooth coordination and communications with relevant IOM sectors.
- Support in co-ordination with the National Officer (WASH), Coordinate with respective Warehouse Assistants responsible for stock records of materials in office stores to monitor proper utilization of materials.
- Regularly update the supervisors on the progress and issues of the WASH project.
- Contribute to the preparation of written briefings, situation reports and ensure timely delivery of weekly and monthly reports.
- Support in carryout all field WASH activities, including technical and hygiene promotions activities on ground as directed by the WASH Officer.
- Produce daily/weekly reports, progress reports and related updates.
- Minimum required qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in technical field Engineering or public health.
- Three years of relevant experience for Degree holders and Five years for Diploma holders
- Strong writing and reporting skills,
- Familiarity with the International Organization, UN agency or diplomatic mission an asset,
- Very good understanding of humanitarian principles
- Good computer knowledge in MS office packages.
- Ability to build relations with local government authorities, civil society, beneficiaries and other stakeholders,
- Ability to work independently according to established structures and guidelines, including administrative requirements, and maintain coordination with colleagues and supervisor,
- Knowledge of English and Amharic is required
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
· Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
· Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
· Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
· Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
· Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
· Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
· Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
· Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
· Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
· Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via Ethiojobs, by 4 April 2022, the latest, referring the position title, Vacancy number and the duty stationyou are interested in the subject line of your email. (Example: Application for Project Clerk – WASH (IOM-SVN/0042/2022) based Gondar ) no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram