Program Officer ( for Menagesha Rehabilitation Center)
- Cheshire Ethiopia is an Ethiopian Resident Charity and invites qualified applicants for the following post፡
Job Summary: –
Under the general supervision of the MRC manager ,the Program Officer is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the overall physiotherapy unit, Residential care unit, Social work Unit, All project and program functions at the Center
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans Menagesha rehabilitation center projects and program activities;
- Implements plans and programs at MRC towards the achievement of organizational visions, missions, objectives and enhancement of social functioning of persons with disabilities giving more attention to children and young adults
- Coordinate and Support Physiotherapy Unit, Residential care unit, Social work Unit & individual and joint operations for better performance and attainment of organizational objectives,
- Ensures clients of the center are treated equally and fairly, provided proper service and that their rights are respected
- Conducts need assessment and identifies new project / program areas and prepares concept notes and submit to the MRC Manager for further development
- Guides work unit / section heads under him/her in preparation of annual plan and budget in accordance to the set planning formats of CE
- Provides training to staff members on project and program activities and keeping them updated about progress
- Works with planning, monitoring and evaluation officer of CE to prepare implementation plan and follow up schedules to maintain smooth implementation process and corrective measures
- Makes assessment and evaluation on arising project implementation problems and challenges to identify root causes and recommends possible solutions
- Work closely with departments in developing, maintaining, and ensuring budget management.
- Ensures the Center and section plan and implementation data are recorded and maintained in chronological orders and provides the information when required;
- Support and coordinate the team during distribution of mobility devices for children and youth with disabilities
- Collects project / program regular reports from units/ sections to assess and identify discrepancies and recommends corrective measures and send feedback to the producers and services providers for revision of the reports and submit to him/her.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the operational activities at the center & (physiotherapy unit, social work units and residential care unit) including important data, information and evidences regarding implementation progress, and present it to the center manager
- Proposes new ways of improving the center’s project/program management and discuss with MRC manager.
- Makes assessment of budget requests from section and unit heads and provides comments and propose to MRC manager. For approval
- Involves in fundraising to allow for further expansion and development of the programs
- Work closely with program and plan team at Head offices in the organization and coordination of different activities implemented with HO
- Work as Liaison in relation to respective Woreda/district Labor and social affairs offices for project implementation
- Ensure and maintain CE working rules and procedures across all;
- Performs any other related duties as assigned to him/her by the MRC Manager or the Executive Director of CE.
Work Unit: Program unit
Immediate Supervisor: MRC Manager
- MA/BA degree in sociology, social work , Public health , Project management and related fields.
- 4/6 year relevant experience
- Knowledge of managing program coordination and project planning
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants can send their latest resume in word or PDF via email@example.com or apply in person at Addis Ababa head office located to CMC Road, adjacent to Ethiopian Management Institute and for Center manager , it is possible too to apply in person at Diredawa Rehabilitation Center within 7 working days.
With Best Regards,