Nutrition Officer (East Hararghe )
Job Title: Nutrition Officer Reference number: Vac/068/22 Vacancy posting date: March 17, 2022 Closing Date: March 26, 2022 Duty Station: East Hararghe Duration of Employment Six Month Employment Type: Fixed term Salary: As per the organization scale
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
About International Medical Corps
A preeminent First Responder, International Medical Corps provides emergency relief to those hit by disaster, and offers the skills needed to rebuild stronger. We train people – giving communities the tools and knowledge to be self-reliant and be their own best First Responders when disaster strikes again.
International Medical Corps focuses on the delivery of community-based primary health care. We emphasize training and education, and prioritize hiring local staff – in fact, 96% of our field-based staff and health professionals are recruited from the local community. This helps to ensure that skills and knowledge are passed on and remain long after our programs have ended. Through the integration of specialties like emergency medicine, women’s health, nutrition services, water and sanitation, and mental health into the primary health care setting, we ensure that those we serve receive holistic, comprehensive care. The value of International Medical Corps’ integrated approach to community health and well-being and our emphasis on capacity building through training are critical for the long-term growth of ‘conflict and natural disaster-affected communities’ and ‘fragile states’.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide technical and logistical support to the woreda health sector for effective implementation of nutrition interventions activities
· Analyzing and reporting nutrition situation and prevailing trends
· Promote gender equity and equality through each level of nutrition activities
· Plan with HEWs and other health workers working in TFP for effective, sustainable and efficient implementation of nutrition intervention
· Provide Woreda level basic CMAM and IYCF trainings to HEWs/Other health professional
· Provide technical support to MoH health staff on management of Sever Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and IYCF
· Will provide technical support from screening to discharge (admission, treatment, follow up and referral) to provide care to under five years old malnourished children and uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition cases
· Perform supportive supervision of CMAM and IYCF activities and ensure they are implemented as planned
· Supervising admission of patients to TFP and SFP
· Supervising treatment and progress of patients
· Ensuring adherence to and respect of current protocols
· Assist HEWs on Health Development Armies’ (HDAs) training and ensure strengthened relationship between HDAs and HEWs
· Ensure the appropriate referral system between SCs, OTPs TSFPs and IYCF
· Ensure the cards, registration books and other necessary formats are filled and documented proper
· Liaise with ministry of health institutions, DPPD and other government organization at Woreda and Kebele Level pertaining to CMAM activities Will supervise and support the CMAM activities
· Ensure the CMAM coverage reach above 50% for rural and above 70% for urban community and the other standard performance indicators are met appropriately
· Ensure that the families of malnourished children receive appropriate education and participated in the nutrition program
· Ensure the nutrition items are provided to the health facilities and reach to the intended beneficiaries
· Collect weekly TFP and SFP data (admission and exit status) and report weekly and monthly with narrative reports to nutrition project coordinator; and ensure report reaches to MoH through its chain
· Establishing linkage with community leaders and representatives
· Participate on health and nutrition related assessments
· Organize review meeting at each woreda to review the progress of health intervention at the woreda level.
· Perform another Other duties as required
· Degree in nutrition or nursing or public health with 3 years of experience or diploma in nutrition or nursing or public health with 5 years of experience- Renewed MoH professional license is important
· Experience on emergency nutrition and PHEM intervention like CMAM, IYCF, major epidemic diseases surveillance and epidemic/outbreak investigation and response
· Training on CMAM and IYCF
· Experience of facilitation of training and review meetings
· Fluent in written and spoken English language
· Knowledge of local language to the respective Woredas is preferred
· Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
· Ensure that IMC’s food security program and approach is in line with policies and strategies of the Government of Ethiopia’s as well
If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV www.ethiojobs.net before March 26, 2022.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.