Type of Appointment:
SVN, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
15.03.2022 to 22.03.2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the general supervision of the National Project Officer – WASH and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant – WASH, the incumbent will coordinate, implement and monitor IOM emergency Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) projects in East Hararge, Ethiopia. In particular s/he will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- With regular field visit, assist in monitoring the implementation of WASH activities for IOM Ethiopia
- Contribute in identify relevant IPDs/ returnees sites that needs WASH assistance and support in assessing when requested.
- Maintain smooth coordination and communications with relevant IOM sectors.
- Support in co-ordination with the National Project Officer – WASH, Coordinate with respective Warehouse Assistants responsible for stock records of materials in office stores to monitor proper utilization of materials.
- Regularly update the National Project Officer – WASH and WASH Specialist on the progress and issues of the WASH project.
- Contribute to the preparation of written briefings, situation reports and ensure timely delivery of weekly and monthly reports.
- Support in carryout all field WASH activities, including technical and hygiene promotions activities on ground as directed by the National Project Officer – WASH.
- Perform other duties as requested by the manager.
- Educational Requirement
- University Degree in engineering or public Health, or other relevant fieldRequired Experience
- Three years of professional technical experience in humanitarian projects in Ethiopia
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Familiarity with the International Organization, UN agency or diplomatic mission an asset
- Good computer knowledge in MS office packagesLanguages
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageousCompetencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via ethiojobs.net, by 22 March 2022 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram