Roving MIS Officer
- About You:
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the general administrative direction of the MIS Manager, the Roving MIS Officer organizes a system of efficient data management and reporting system for field offices; supports the reporting systems of SRH/FP programs; leads and coordinates the application of data validation standards at field offices to produce high-quality data, follow the smooth running of electronic Health Management Information System (MIS) for clinics closely with the support office MIS units; provides technical support to the area offices all channels activities in MIS and M&E areas. Apply program evaluation to track changes and design new interventions, plan and budget, establish program level work plans, assess individual and organizational performance and ensure accountability and control. The position requires frequent travel from area office to area office (roving in different area offices) to represent the project or oversee project activities.
- Provides technical assistance on data management and reporting to all MSIE staff for the assigned areas.
- Monitors data management of centres, outreach and social franchising activities against targets set by MSIE;
- Coordinates the smooth running of electronic client-based Management Information System (MIS);
- Provides technical assistance to all clinics related to the MIS, hardware operations and software systems.
- Manages the reporting and report the distribution of monthly and quarterly reports and controls the data quality issue for the SRH/FP program of MSIE;
- Makes sure that all the program officers collect data on time
- Facilitates creation of enabling environment for data management and reporting for each level;
- Ensures the collection, compilation and sending of quality data to the support office;
- Compiles and reports monthly and quarterly data and reports to the appropriate offices.
- Participates in program evaluations/assessments such as baseline and annual surveys, mid-term and final evaluations, and special studies and operations research.
- Ensure that spot check has been implemented in all channels at all levels and compile spot check trackers of the DV result.
- Conduct in-depth verification based on spot check results whenever required.
- Conduct routine data analysis and able to generate evidence from routine data
- Work with MIS unit and produce pivot table summary reports on a monthly basis
- Provide end-user support for proper use of data and report compilation
- Ensure data/information is collected, analyzed and reported to MSIE as per the corporate guidelines and requirements
- Able to work from area office to area office through roving and covers different area offices MIS and M&E need.
- Conduct on job and basic training on information use and MSIE data management
- Organize and integrate the field monitoring activities and able to generate progress reports of the field office
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation visits to the project areas and implement key improvements
- Perform other related activities as required or assigned by the supervisor
- 3. PERSON SPECIFICATION
A. Qualification Requirements
- MA or MSc/BA or BSc Degree in IT, Statistics, Information Science, Health Informatics or related fields
- Two/Four years of relevant experience
B. Skills, Attitudes, Attributes
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors
- Sound knowledge on M & E system
- Strong data management skills and special knowledge and skill on MS-Excel
- Strong analytical skill with the ability to work Statistical Software packages like SPSS, EPI-Info
- Good understanding of beneficiary tracking, methods for managing data quality assessment
- Fluency in English (both oral and written skills)
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions
Number of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Support Office, Addis Ababa
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices Salary Scale
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address:HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!