- About You:
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the immediate supervision of the designated supervisors, the incumbent manages the drugs and non-medical supplies store of MSIE; safely keeps the drugs, contraceptives, and consumable medical and non-medical supplies; receives and disposes of with the proper documentation all the items coming to or out of the store; prepares a monthly report of drug consumption and purchase requirements; dispense medicines and contraceptives according to the directive of the nurse or the doctor.
- Takes responsibility for the storage of /RH related pharmaceuticals storage and uses adopted procedures and standards in accordance with national policies and standards and ensures proper implementation
- Puts to use proper stock control, utilization, timely ordering and restocking of drugs, contraceptives, and consumable medical supplies
- Makes sure all medical and non-medical materials are stored in appropriate places away from rain, dust, pilferage and deterioration
- Issues the right kinds of supplies, contraceptives and medicaments according to the prescriptions given;
- Gives proper explanation and direction to clients on the type of contraceptives or medicaments issued;
- Alerts the supervisors that contraceptives and other medical supplies are utilized before their expiry dates;
- Ensures that all types of medicines and supplies are safely and properly kept and maintained;
- Prepares and submits stock reports as per the organization’s rules and regulations
- Prepares and disburses stocks in consultation with the concerned units and approval of the clinic manager
- Consolidates drugs, medical and non-medical supplies, and equipment annual purchase plan;
- Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator
- 1. PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
A. Qualification Requirements
- Diploma in pharmacy
- Two years as Junior Druggist, in procurement, storage and distribution of pharmaceuticals
B. Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors.
- Good Customer handling and awareness of quality care;
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of supplies;
- Awareness of MOH and donor’s guidelines;
- Strong oral and written communication;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE: Support Office, Addis Ababa
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices Salary Scale
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address:HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram