Nurse for Satellite Mobile Clinic
- About You:
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the MSIE Area Programs Manager, the job holder performs nursing duties, mobilization activities, ensuring efficient delivery and client care in accordance with accepted standard medical practice and professional codes of conduct.
- Ensure quality assurance procedure at public facilities
- Conduct competency assessment and internal audit
- Organize RMNCH monthly meeting and follow the action points
- Organize and conduct demand creation activities at the community level
- Provide technical support to health care providers
- Provides nursing services, within the defined scope of practice, to clients based on the client’s assessment and care planning procedures.
- Performs SRH interventions such as client counseling, family planning service provision, comprehensive abortion care, taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques, ensuring infection control
- Provides pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care
- Monitors clients’ progress, evaluate the effectiveness of SRH interventions and consults with appropriate members of the outreach team
- Provides reproductive health/family planning education to individuals and the communities.
- Plan implement and document demand creation activities.
- Organize and conduct demand creation at host communities
- Closely work with stakeholders at the locality
- Conduct competency for health care providers
- Reports clinical and product-related incidents
- Ensures medical emergency preparedness by checking the availability of emergency equipment, supplies and drugs
- Provides family planning counseling services to make clients to make informed voluntary decisions on their contraceptive choice.
- Provides counseling on preventing unwanted pregnancies, correct use of pregnancy termination procedures.
- Prepares all surgical instruments, sets and medical supplies required for operation in accordance with accepted standards,
- Cleans and sterilizes the operating room and instruments.
- Carries messages, reports, requisitions, and specimens between departments
- Provide technical support to the health care provider at public facilities
- Ensure quality service available at the public facilities
- Organize monthly meeting plan with RMNCH teams and follow the action points
- Plan and conduct community engagement activities for the SRH uptake
- Made and set up referral linkages for GBV survivors
- Ensures the maintenance of high-level standards and applies universal precautions to prevent infection (e.g., Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS) from blood or other body fluids of Clients
- Accounts for all assets under his/her custody during regular stock taking and audit as and when required.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required.
- Participate in demand creation activity
- Made close follow up for post-procedure clients
- Maintain inventory of supplies; account for all assets under his/her custody during regular stock taking and audit as and when required.
- Performs related tasks as required
- 1. PERSON SPECIFICATION
1. Qualification Requirements
BSc or Diploma in Nursing
ü Two Years’ experience as a BSC nurse and four years for a Diploma nurse.
ü Technical capable in providing comprehensive family planning and CAC services
A. Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Conscious of Government, MSI, and MSIE regulations
- Counselling skill and ability to provide FP and SA services
- Good knowledge of the area and the culture
- ·Ability to work under insecure and stressful situations
Number of Position: (06)
Duty Station: Amhara Region, Lagambo, Jama and Sekota
Type of Employment: Contract
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address:HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram