Position: Grant Officer
- About You:
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the administrative supervision of the Grant Manager, the incumbent develops grant proposals and concept papers; follows grant funding utilization; participates in training of staff of grant implementers; reports project implementation process and maintain close relationship with donors.
Grant Management Support
- Collects relevant data for the development of concept papers and proposals;
- Takes part in the development of quality concept papers and grant proposals;
- Stays abreast of grant-related information to promptly share with MSIE and MSI London;
- Ensures progress and changes made during project implementation are followed up and compiled for the Grant Manager periodically;
- Ensures that all the requirements for approved projects are complied with;
- Collaborates and follows up with project implementing units (such as Area Offices) to ensure quality zero-draft report is submitted;
- Ensures report is impact focused through the compilation of stories, pictures and best practices;
- Liaises with the Finance Department to prepare financial reports to be accompanied by budget narration;
- Ensure proper documentation of proposals, reports and other relevant data related to the grant-funded program
- Ensures that grant proposals are submitted on time and conform to donors’ standards.
- Conducts quality check of reports for grant-funded projects and ensure that reports reflect the correct picture and thoroughly describe results achieved.
- Ensures that Donor visits are effectively facilitated and portray a positive image and result in on-going program/financial support;
- Develops and advises implementing units on a systematic approach to maintain a partnership (periodic meetings, joint activity implementation, etc.);
- Advises and collaborates with Integrated Marketing unit to develop image building/promotional materials and ensure their dissemination to stakeholders.
- 1. PERSON SPECIFICATION
A Qualification Requirements
MA/BA in Management, Economics, Finance, Public Health, or related field
Two/Four years’ experience
B. Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors.
- Good skill in written and spoken English,
- Understanding of basic financial management,
- Good computer skills,
- High level of interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE: Support Office, Addis Ababa
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address:HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram