- Duty station: Afar and Eastern Amhara
Duration of the Contract: 5 Months
Number of employees needed: Four
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
The IYCF Officer is expected to support and ensure the IYCF promotion, counseling, and support for mothers at the Therapeutic Feeding Programs (TFP) and Targeted Supplementary Food Program (TSFP) in respective Woreda according to the IYCF standard. S/he will work closely with Health Workers, HEWs, and community to ensure the sustainability of IYCF activities at Woreda level. The Officer has the responsibility to ensure high-quality IYCF activities, closely coordinated an integrated with the Emergency Nutrition Response project. The IYCF Officer ensures the project’s activities fit within the framework of the National Nutrition Program and ensures good relations with local stakeholders.
· Ensure that TFP (OTP & SC) and TSFP (Food Distribution) sites established and activated for IYCF promotion, counseling, and support;
· Build the capacity of HEWs and Nurses on IYCF promotion, counseling, & support;
· Ensure the CMAM beneficiaries are well integrated with IYCF programs;
· Support community assessments related to CMAM & IYCF and strengthen capacity of various health, agriculture, and other sectors’ front line workers to improve the quality of nutrition intervention.
· Plan for IYCF promotion with HEWs and other health workers working at OTP and SC sites;
· Advise the best feeding options/ practices and follow ups as appropriate.
· Provide regular updates and monthly reports for the CMAM coordinator timely;
· Utilize Woreda and Kebele level opportunities for IYCF promotion and support. Participate in the development of mother support groups and mother-baby areas
· Provide mothers with practical advice on correct attachment and positioning when breastfeeding, timely introduction of complementary foods and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with IYCF.
- BSc degree in Public Health/ Clinical Nursing/Nutrition and related health field of study preferred from accredited universities or health colleges
Certificate: on acute malnutrition 2019 revised guideline training, Revised 2019 IMAM guideline, and IYCF-E training, Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS) and Trained on Family MUAC approach and TSFP/MAM required
Required Professional Experience: Minimum three years working experience with NGOs in CMAM program;
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
· Demonstrated skills in CMAM program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Experience in cascading family MUAC approach
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Good human relation skills.
· Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
· Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
· Strong adherence to World Vision values;
· Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity;
· Prepared to live and work in an remote and uncertain security environment
· Fluent in oral and written English and Local language
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants must require to apply before the closing date of this announcement Only to the link
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
We don’t receive hard copies
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram