Zonal Health and Nutrition Coordinator
- The responsibility of the Emergency Health and Nutrition Coordinator to manage the Emergency Health and Nutrition Response project in Afar region and in Eastern Amhara operational areas. S/he will participate in Multisector and Multi agency team to carry out rapid assessment and initiate emergency response plan to respond to the acute needs of crises affected community. S/he will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of emergency health and nutrition activities under communication of the project manager. The position holder will support the project team to provide quality life-saving emergency response operation whenever there is a demand. S/he will coordinate supply chain management of emergency medical kits, starting from receiving from SWAN-Central warehouse to distribution to IDPs (health facilities). The position holder will supervise the medical stock status of health facilities in areas where under emergency health and nutrition situation. Liaise and established contacts at Zonal and woreda level with government health office, DRMFSS, NGOs, and UN agencies (WFP, WHO and UNICEF) [Networking, Partnering, and External Representation role],S/he will represent World Vision Ethiopia for health at regional, zonal, and woreda health cluster coordination meetings. S/he will work closely with the Pharmacy logistics officer, health and nutrition teams and reports to the Health and Nutrition Grant Project Manager in Addis Ababa. The position holder will frequently travel to the project sites to monitor the implementation of emergency health and nutrition activities.
· Coordinate and ensure provision quality outpatient consultation to crisis affected host communities, IDPs including for people with mental health needs at outreach locations in the targeted woredas
· Coordinate and Provide quality primary health care services through mobile health and Nutrition modality and provide capacity development to HEWs in recording and reporting, active case searching and sensitization, supply and cold chain management
· Prepare project concept note and participate in grant project proposal writing based on a multisector assessment findings
· Provide technical assistances for woredas and health facilities and coordinate with PHEM team at woreda level.
· Ensure that all medicine, medical supplies and equipment needed for the activities are available before departure
- Master’s degree in public health with minimum three years’ work experience or BSc Degree in Public Health/Nursing with minimum of five years relevant experience in the emergency context or IDP response. Additional certificate on Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an asset
Previous work experience at least 3 years in curative and public health promotion, and infection prevention and control.
Certificate: on acute malnutrition 2019 revised guideline training, Revised 2019 IMAM guideline, and IYCF-E training, Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS) and Trained on Family MUAC approach and TSFP/MAM required, SMART survey basic training
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants must require to apply before the closing date of this announcement Only to the link
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
We don’t receive hard copies
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram.