- Duty station: Eastern Amhara and Afar
Duration of the Contract: 5 Months
Number of employees needed: Four
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
The Midwife Nurse is responsible for carrying out all components of MNCH packages (ANC, PNC, FP, PMTCT, labor and delivery, EPI) in the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package in outreach locations. S/he will be expected to work in collaboration with the district health offices, local stakeholders, staffs of World Vision and partners for effective implementation project activities. In addition the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. The position holder is responsible to strengthening of early referrals mechanism all obstetrics complications and other maternal and child health illnesses. S/he will work with local health authorities and communities to ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest or woreda capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness.
· Provide technical support and participate in carrying out all components of MNCH packages (ANC, PNC, FP, PMTCT, labor and delivery, EPI
· Provide essential lifesaving primary health care services to displaced people and people who have no access to health services.
· Support woreda/facility level Routine immunization, vaccination campaigns including vitamin A supplementation and support community level public communication campaign to raise awareness on COVID-19 and other epidemics prone diseases.
· Coordinate with the team member in operational matters (e.g. Supplies, Fuel, Stationery, etc.) and liaise with local authorities, represent the team in meetings and be responsible with all communications of the team
· Ensure that all medicine, medical supplies and equipment needed for the activities are available before departure
- BSC degree in midwifery with proven experience in supervising, coaching and mentoring others preferred from accredited universities or health colleges
Certificate: on acute malnutrition 2019 revised guideline training, Revised 2019 IMAM guideline, and IYCF-E training, Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS) and Trained on Family MUAC approach and TSFP/MAM required, SMART survey basic training
Required Professional Experience: Previous work experience at least 3 years in the area of ANC, PNC, FP, PMTCT, labor and delivery, EPI services At least 2 years as a member of Mobile Health and Nutrition Team with NGOs.
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants must require to apply before the closing date of this announcement Only to the link
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
We don’t receive hard copies
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram