- Duty station: Afar and Eastern Amhara
Duration of the Contract: 5 Months
Number of employees needed: Four(4)
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
OTP/SC Officer support woreda health offices and PHCUs in systematic nutrition screening, active case detection, early referral and admission of acute malnutrition cases through routine nutrition screening and Growth Monitoring and Promotion (GMP) programs as well as Extended Outreach Services (EOS) or Child Health Days (CHD) campaigns. He/she will support heath facilities (Primary Hospitals, Health Centers and Health Posts) in the treatment of acute malnutrition among nutrition priority groups, mainly Children U5 and PLW and referral linkage services in accordance with the national protocol and SPHERE standard. HE/she will support and assist Woreda Health Offices and PHCUs in the piloting of Family MUAC approach. The position holder will support and assist woreda health offices and health facilities in the procurement of gap filling SC/OTP supplies, job aids, and anthropometric equipment’s for the management of Acute Malnutrition in Outpatient therapeutic program(OTP) and Stabilization Center (SC).
· Supporting woredas & PHCU in planning & conducting nutrition screening activities;
· Ensuring existence of functional referral pathways and linkages between communities and HF and vice versa;
· Promoting the availability of services to which beneficiaries can be referred, training of staff in nutrition screening and referral services;
· Ensuring that HFs are equipped with minimum supplies needed for nutrition screening activities, (e.g. MUAC tapes, registration and reporting format, referral forms, guidelines etc.);
· Promoting and supporting community mobilization and sensitization activities towards nutrition screening program.
· Support and assist Woreda Health Offices and PHCUs in the piloting of Family MUAC approach.
· Facilitate monthly Review meeting with the SC, OTP sites, health workers and woreda health office staffs at cluster and woreda levels;
· Conduct regular supportive supervision and provide technical support on stabilization Center and Outpatient Therapeutic Program sites every week;
· Ensure linkage of OTP discharges, MAM children, and acutely Malnourished PLW to distribution of protection and TSF ration (If applicable);
· Print, laminate and Provide the necessary OTP/SC guide lines and protocols for running OTP/SC, photocopy for other related activities;
· Conduct capacity assessment of SC, OTP sites, and staffs to identify the minimum support package/transition
· Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plump nut and drug stock control balance form)
· Ensure the integration of IYCF to CMAM programming through strengthening of psychosocial & emotional sites & IYCF promotion & counseling;
- BSc degree in Public Health/ Clinical Nursing/Nutrition and related health field of study preferred from accredited universities or health colleges
Certificate: on acute malnutrition 2019 revised guideline training, Revised 2019 IMAM guideline, and IYCF-E training, Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS) and Trained on Family MUAC approach and TSFP/MAM required, SMART survey basic training
Required Professional Experience: Minimum three years working experience with NGOs in CMAM program;
· Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
· Demonstrated skills in CMAM program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Experience in cascading family MUAC approach
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Good human relation skills.
· Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
· Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
· Strong adherence to World Vision values;
· Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity;
· Prepared to live and work in an remote and uncertain security environment
· Fluent in oral and written English and Amharic
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants must require to apply before the closing date of this announcement Only to the link
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
We don’t receive hard copies
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram