- Duty station: Afar and Eastern Amhara
Duration of the Contract: 5 Months
Number of employees needed: Four
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is to provide quality primary health care services through mobile health and Nutrition modality to consult, diagnose, treat and monitor all patients presenting to mobile health and nutrition clinic and outreach activities. The position holder will mainly be responsible for the day to day implementation of outreach consultation and provide proper treatment based on the protocol. S/he will be responsible to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. The position holder will be responsible for health education, vaccinated children, screening children and mothers, timely consultation and/or referral for complex medical cases which require further investigation and treatment.
· Provide outpatient consultation to crisis affected host communities, IDPs including for people with mental health needs at outreach locations in the targeted woredas
· Provide quality primary health care services through mobile health and Nutrition modality and provide capacity development to HEWs in recording and reporting, active case searching and sensitization, supply and cold chain management
· Support woreda/facility level Routine immunization, vaccination campaigns including vitamin A supplementation and support community level public communication campaign to raise awareness on COVID-19 and other epidemics prone diseases.
· Coordinate with the team member in operational matters (e.g. Supplies, Fuel, Stationery, etc.) and liaise with local authorities, represent the team in meetings and be responsible with all communications of the team
· Ensure that all medicine, medical supplies and equipment needed for the activities are available before departure
- BSc Degree in Public Health/Nursing with minimum of three years relevant experience. Additional certificate on Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an asset
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants must require to apply before the closing date of this announcement Only to the link
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
We don’t receive hard copies
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram