Emergency Shelter/Non-Food Item (ES/NFI) Cash Assistant.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Under the direct supervision of the Cash transfer program offic er the position Holder is responsible for identifying priority needs, target communities, establishing relationships with community local government and leaders, mobilize the communities, ensure the delivery of materials/inputs, conduct registration of complaints, ensure accurate distribution and documentation of NFI, facilitate cash payments to clients and follow up.
- Conduct joint targeting, selection, and registration of clients and independent or joint verification to ensure impartiality.
- Ensuring that cash/voucher assistance is delivered to targeted households as per predetermined targeting criteria and in a safe manner.
- Make sure the distribution of NFI, Cash, and voucher assistants done as per the IRC, ES-NFI cluster and NDRMC distribution guidelines.
- Ensure the confidentiality and the support of targeted households during the cash assistance, by working with their families, community committees’ local government, and community leaders in supervising how the assistance is used and any other issue that might arise from the project.
- Working closely with the ERR WASH team and deliver emergency messaged/awareness to different segments of the community with support from woreda disaster risk and management and health office
- Actively participate in Rapid Assessments, market assessments, MEB, capacity assessment of Financial Service Providers (FSP), and other digital cash transfer.
- Ensure that the program resources are implemented in an open and accountable manner and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- In collaboration with MEAL team conduct post-distribution monitoring (PDM) for both cash and in kind to ensure the program quality and collect lesson findings.
- Implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems including client feedback handling mechanism; ensure consistent reporting, documentation, and analysis of results to improve program efficiency and quality.
- Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities, and opinion leaders on the targeting criteria.
- Collect, register, and report client’s feedback and complaints in weekly basis to for client adaptable team and supervisor also give response based on the level of the feedback.
- Ensure client adaptable mechanisms are in place at all project areas in collaboration with client’s adaptable team
- Works closely with Woreda partners towards efficient and effective implementation of the response and emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: BSc Degree/Diploma in Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Public Health, Environmental Health, social science, and related relevant field
Work Experience: Minimum experience of 0-year experience for BSc holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders. NGO experience is plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven experience on NFI, CVA, community mobilization, hygiene promotion with I/NGO in local community settings.
- Previous experience on implementing participatory and coordinating community mobilizations on the communities will be helpful.
- Previous experience of implementing Emergency activities, like NFI distribution, cash transfer will be an asset.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain attention to details.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command spoken and written in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo
- Knowledge of Afaan Oromo is required.
- Familiarity with the local context of the project implementation areas is an advantage
- Preference will be given to qualified female candidates.
How To Apply:
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
- Please include 3 references
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram