- Location: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: 4 months,
Required number: Two
Report to: the concerned directorate
Job Summary: The post-holder will be based in Addis Ababa, and will work under the concerned directorate
Major duties and responsibilities:
. Ability to coordinate and lead projects and programs data
. Experience working with multiple data source agencies, institutes or individuals
. Experience on large national or regional health and health related surveys data
. Ability to guide national data sharing policy, develop data regulations and assist data sharing mechanisms
. Ability to work on different data and evidence sources and to make sure the health system addresses national targets
. Ability to conceptualize a national data management approaches for several research data sources
. Experience in leading data sources either locally or internationally
. Ability to guide publicity of data sources as required
Research technical skill
. Evaluate data needs;
. Review the NHE questionnaires;
. Participate in finalizing survey instruments (questionnaires and manuals);
. Review selected samples;
. Strengthen the capacity of EPHI in CSPRO programming;
. Experience in managing CSPro, SPSS and STATA
. Monitor and follow the data entry programs for data collection;
. Participate in train data collection staff;
. Monitor, and coordinate the data collection process;
. Process the data (prepare field check tables, etc…);
. Control data quality (prepare data quality checklist, etc…);
. Clean and process the final data
. Calculate sample weights;
. Involve in production and analysis of survey results;
. Participate in write-up of the survey reports;
. Conduct and advise in-depth analysis of NHES data, or any health-related operational studies;
. Develop/improve internal data management processes so that the internal quality control steps and results are documented.
. Strengthen capacity to revise CSPro programming for personal computer for data entry.
. Strengthen capacity to identify areas for internal data program crosschecking of data for quality, and to actually develop cross-check programs.
. Ensure production of tables, figures and analyses for the survey as per the agreed upon Protocol
. Assist data collectors, supervisors and central coordinators in using CSpro based survey templates to collect data (technical queries).
. Download data from database and prepare appropriately formatted data excel/csv files.
. Clean and validate data
. Consolidate data from all data collectors and prepare simple data summary sheets for monitoring and analysis.
Coordination, collaboration and networking skills
. Ability to create research data source collaborators or networks, routine data source collaborators or networks
. Demonstrated research communication and interpersonal communication skills
. Familiar with existing health policies, strategies and plans of the country
. Ability to work independently, supervise different data sources
. Able to facilitate and assist in mapping, centralizing, digitizing, manage and analyze existing and new data sources in the country
. Ability to assess the quality of different sources of evidence to facilitate for health policy decision
. Maintain regular correspondence with cross site co-coordinator, and other members of the research and project team
. Provide technical advisory and input needed for the health system research directorate work plan
. Be familiar with local and international research ethics
- · At least MSc/MPH in statistics, biostatistics, Health informatics or any other health related fields with a good computer-based background.
· Minimum 5 years of work experience in health system research data management
· Must have experience in a similar role in other community based surveys must have experience in a similar role in other community based surveys (preferable: Measles coverage survey, EPI survey, DHS, Covid-19 Risk Perception behavioral response Community survey).
Additional Job Requirements:
· Experience in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
· Computer programming experience is preferred
· Excellent communication skills
· Good written and spoken English
· Ability to build rapport and feel comfortable working in a team
· Ability to read text, absorb and pick out the interesting, important and relevant parts
· Willingness to learn and develop skills
· Knowledge of data backup/recovery
· Experience with database management using CSPro, Nvivo 12 and Other related software
** Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply:
- Note:- Interested applicants can register in Online through Upload CV and academic credential using zip Filename as NAME_F.NAME_G.F_NAME and file size maximum of 5MB
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply to form using the below link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MFTdeHesc8PDbd7r0XB9Tk_2Q2GPZlHavSXJcrDGePM/edit
relevant documents at the address given below within 5 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Ethiopian Public Health Institute
Human Resource Management Directorate
Human Resource Management Case Team
Room No. 112
P.O.Box 1242 or 5654
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram