Hygiene Promotion Assistant
- · Are responsible for the assigned camp for “hands-free” handwashing stations at various levels (communal/household) and distribute of Hygiene Kit to vulnerable target households and monitoring and documenting hand washing practices implementations.
· Conduct community Orientation/training of HH on hand washing facility for targeted community/ households before and after the handwashing facility distribution, installations and or maintenance then enhance sense of ownership within the targeted clients recorded the daily observations practices, monitoring in data base to make easily identify the results.
· Facilitate and provide Training of EHAs and team leaders, and /or data col lectors on monitoring and follow up to sustain hand washing at HH, institutions and public places, water points.
· Properly implement direct and monitor the hygiene promotion activity within the refugee community these include participate in formative research.
· Facilitate and conduct regular community discussion to set up model hand washing facility at Household and public place, and Conduct FGD-to identify preferred Hand Washing Facility at each phase of the research stages.
· Submit weekly and monthly project activity achievement against plans to the Research manager,
· In consultation with research manager, ensure regular monitoring of project activities to determine the success of interventions.
· Ensure to monitor the procurement, mobilization and utilization of hygiene supplies to the beneficiaries and PPE supplies to EHAs, EHAs team leaders and national staff working in the project.
· S/He will directly supervise EHAs, EHAs team leaders and/ or the data col lectors
· Mentoring and developing the capacity of EHAs, EHA team leaders and / or data col lector s in carrying out assessments, promotion of participatory approaches to
· Perform other tasks as assigned by his supervisor
- · University Degree in Public Health/Environmental Health, from recognized University with Zero Year relevant work experience.
· College Diploma with a minimum of two years’ work experience on hygiene promotion with I/NGO in emergency and refugee settings; or related.
· Previous experience of implementing participatory hygiene promotion and sanitation methods (e.g. PHAST, CLTS/H,) and organizing campaigns on key hygiene themes.
· Previous experience of implementing institutional (schools & health facilities) hygiene promotions/educations.
· Ability to work in stressful conditions and with limited social services and insecure environments.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a highly results oriented work culture
· Knowledge, skill and experience in participatory methods for promoting sustainability of WASH interventions.
1. Skill Requirements
· Good experience of computer skill & Microsoft Office.
· Good communication skills that function across a diversity of cultures.
- Good experience/skill in community mobilization
· Ability to multi-task & carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
· Good command of spoken and written English, Amharic, and local languages.
· Strong sense of personal integrity and attention to detail.
· Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to work under pressure and travel to sites frequently.
· Willingness to work extra hours in emergencies.
How To Apply:
- Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter through
P.O. BOX: 275, IRC Gambella Field Office.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.
Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply!
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information: YES NO
Position Office/field office
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.