Senior M& E Advisor
Organization: Federal Ministry of Health
Position: Senior M& E Advisor
- Reports To (Title): CSD Director
Ministry of Health-Ethiopia (MoH) is hiring a Senior M&E Advisor ( here in after called the Advisor ) to support the Clinical services’ Directorate (CSD)( here in after called as directorate) at MoH in redefining , structuring, organizing and cascading the national IPC program as per the newly launched National IPC Policy, Strategy and Strategy Roadmap documents in the context of laying the foundation for national level system to capture, compile, analyze and utilize data for improvement for the national IPC program.
He /She primarily will be responsible for the provision of high level IPC M&E specific & effective technical assistance to the directorate in its sustained effort to effectively and timely monitor IPC program implementation nationwide and the development of mechanisms to identify improvement opportunities and delivery of feedback and guidance along the health tier system.
He/She will ensure the availability of directorate level data repository system and remains responsible for availing timely required data from the repository when directed by superiors.
Moreover, the incumbent will support implementation and evaluation of innovative M&E and reporting approaches that are integrated with existing data systems. He/She will also lead the M&E capacity building interventions and the coordination of M&E activities undertaken by different implementing partners.
Major roles and responsibilities
- Develop a work plan, in consultation with the directorate teams and the director with specific deliverables and timetables to allow progress of the work being undertaken by the advisor and the achievement of program milestones
- Establish an overview of existing IPC program M&E frameworks and mechanisms and available data that can be built on
- Review and identify gaps between existing reporting of IPC program activities and planned milestones
- Develop a proposal how to aggregate reporting at program/project-level to measure progress against the National IPC strategy road map milestones
- Support the directorates efforts in data collection, statistics, and other information management initiatives to support the design and implementation of a robust M&E system for national IPC program planning
- Produce Milestone level M&E framework, including reporting mechanisms (templates, processes, etc.) and ensure their implementation across the health system
- Support the alignment of the national IPC program M&E framework with other national relevant programs M&E frameworks.
- Demonstrates personal integrity
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of national IPC policy and strategy
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Ability to lead the design and implementation of M&E systems and approaches
- Knowledge of Results Based Management concepts and tools
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and management (including relevant software).
- Knowledge and Learning Management:
- Shares knowledge and experience across partners
- Encourages colleagues to share knowledge
- Understanding of national planning tools.
- Coordination Effectiveness:
- Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships within Government entities, and partners
- Ability to advocate effectively, communicate sensitively across different stakeholders.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- MD with MSc in M & E or Biostatistics or Health Informatics with minimum of 8 years’ experience or (BSc with MSc in M & E or Biostatistics or Health Informatics) with 8 years of experience.
- Experience with infection prevention and control (IPC) programs/initiatives are required.
- Experience with QI programs/initiatives is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience in a hospital setting or relevant IPC /QI project implementation in a public health setting is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Proficiency with online training, distance education, and case-based teaching is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication, and facilitation skills, including the ability to coordinate stakeholders is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
- Expertise in formal quality improvement would be a plus.
How To Apply:
- Click Here
- Qualified applicants are invited to send their all related documents including Application Letter, CV, their Educational degrees, Work Experiences.
- Please clearly write the position you are applying e.g. “Senior M& E Advisor”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
MINSTRY OF HEALTH
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
BLOCK Ground FLOOR
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram