- Reports To (Title): CSD director
Ministry of Health-Ethiopia is hiring a senior epidemiologist ( here in after called the epidemiologist ) to support the Clinical Services’ Directorate (CSD here in after called as directorate) at MOH in redefining , structuring, organizing and cascading the national IPC program as per the newly launched National IPC Policy, Strategy and Strategy Roadmap documents in the context of laying the foundation for national level system to capture, compile, analyze and utilize national surveillance data from across the country’s health tier system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of the work is to oversee, manage, and supervise the establishment of national health surveillance system aimed at monitoring and controlling of Health Care Acquired Infections (HAIs) and its correlates to identify trends HAIs or other adverse health events, provide data and information about corrective actions or programs to alleviate adverse health effects, and propose practices or policies based on such data and information that will promote and protect the health of Clients and health care providers. The Incumbent:
- Oversees the design and management of surveillance systems for Health care acquired infections (HAIs).
- Develops and provides recommendations to high-ranking officials about the control of HAIs and injury problems based on the results of surveillance, field investigations, and laboratory tests and on available and acceptable methods of control.
- Oversees the design of instruments for the collection of surveillance information and data. Leads the development and conduct of epidemiologic studies for program planning.
- Directs directorate program planning efforts with respect to surveillance and other epidemiologic data and evaluation.
- Conducts and develops methods for advanced descriptive and comprehensive analyses of surveillance data for multiple purposes.
- Reviews and conducts literature reviews and data analyses to evaluate program progress and effectiveness.
- Conducts and oversees literature reviews for design of programs, preparation of publications, and planning and evaluation.
- Designs, prepares, and reviews reports from analyses of surveillance data, literature reviews, and other information.
- Makes presentations on results of data analyses and other information to diverse audiences in national and other workshops and seminars.
- Works in collaboration with M & E specialist to reviews and prepares responses to requests for information.
- Participates in writing grants and other funding proposals with respect to surveillance, epidemiology, and program evaluation.
- Develops and evaluates methods of training for health care providers and local staff about appropriate methods of controlling HAIs and preventing injuries.
- Provides and reviews technical assistance to Regional Health Bureaus, Hospitals and outside partners with respect to surveillance and other epidemiologic data and evaluation system establishment. Works as a liaison to outside data-generating entities to develop and maintain partnerships for sharing and using data.
Job Requirement and Qualification
- MD with Master’s degree in Epidemiology with minimum of 8 years’ experience or (BSc with Master’s degree in Epidemiology) with 10 years of experience.
- Experience in surveillance and community health is advantageous.
- Willingness to travel to regions
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, reasoning, and research skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Needs to be dedicated to improving public health and developing health policies and procedures to contain and prevent infectious disease outbreaks.
- Be detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent communication skill.
- Work requires considerable independent judgment and advanced knowledge of applied epidemiology for public health practice.
- Knowledge of managerial techniques and personnel policies and procedures is also required.
How To Apply:
- Click Here
- Qualified applicants are invited to send their all related documents including Application Letter, CV, their Educational degrees, Work Experiences.
- Please clearly write the position you are applying e.g. “Senior Epidemiologist”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
MINSTRY OF HEALTH
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
BLOCK Ground FLOOR
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram