Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organization that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF Holland is looking for: Pharmacy Technician
· Number of Position: one
· Place of work: Coordination Office in Addis Ababa
· Terms of employment: 1 year with possibility of extension
· Remuneration and Benefits:
– Starting gross salary/month: 14,296.00 ETB
– Medical Coverage As per the MSF health policy
· Date of application: February 23 – 28, 2022
Main Purpose Manage Medical Stock under the supervision of the Medical Warehouse Supervisor of coordination and according to MSF Supply management tools, policies and protocols of pharmaceuticals’, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of medical supplies.
Administer receipt, storage, and issuance of medical supplies and food items for the project(s) according to MSF Pharmaceuticals storage standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities. Execute medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep medical stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.). Conduct Supervision of warehouse staff and Produce report.
Accountabilities · Manage and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses, gross overstock of drugs, other supplies, overseeing, and monitoring its storage conditions.
· Execute reception of Medical Order Requests; Review, prepare orders and ensure they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary order delay and pharmacy to rupturing.
· Manage, follow up and control of medical/supply stock: this includes lead physical count, monitoring of expired dates, batches & storage conditions and produce report to be communicated to supply Activity manager.
· Ensure availability of real time data about incoming and outgoing supplies and provide appropriate information to relevant MSF team members.
· Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
· Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for cold chain fridge used, following the user manual, protocols, and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
· Providing programs continuity during absence and handovers; decide whom to delegate in collaboration with supply manager, sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
· Ensure optimum temperature maintained in cold/non cold room & and cold chain
· Perform cleaning and minor maintenance of cold chain fridges including re/configurations of monitoring tool
· Supervise other warehouse team. Supervision of Medical storekeeper assistant.
· Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
· Provide technical advice and opinions to the warehouse supervisor concerning medical warehouse management.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Receipt of goods:
· Reception of goods from international and national orders.
· Responsible for checking of the quantity and quality of goods received.
· Use Goods Receiving Note or trip invoice/packing list when receiving goods.
· Inform the Supply Manager of any problems (missing, expired or damaged goods, etc.) using standard MSF tool (SMS).
· Immediately after receptions of goods, update stock cards and/or create stock cards for all stock items and
· Maintain stock card per batch number of each medical item
· Check the cold box directly on reception and control the cold chain-monitoring card and feedback the supply department.
· Set up and maintain a proper organisation of the storage area according to Pharmacy Protocol of family, storage procedures, and that all correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
· Ensures that all stock movements are recorded according to MSF purchase and supply procedures including batch and Expiry of each item.
· Update and produce stock information- Monthly Medical Stock Report tool (MSR) with all relevant information including batch & expiry.
· Manage all stock movement with Unifield system on timely manner to attain stock visibility
· Keep a special control of “sensitive” goods numbers of lots, expiry dates, and packaging and special storage conditions.
· In conjunction with the supervisor, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
· Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
· Reports monthly on potential ruptures and any items that will expire.
· Responsible for monitoring the store temperature and ensure Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature.
· Prepare of the medical stock report-using tool.
Sending of goods:
· Prioritise sending according to field needs and order delivery limits.
· Prepares stock requests on time. Before sending goods, ensuring good quality of packing material.
· Definition of freight according to available transport means.
· Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
· Ensure good quality of cold chain according to the cold chain policy.
· Ensure correct documentation of sent good (stock cards, waybills, packing lists, logistics software (Unifield etc.)
· Train, coach, direct, lead and supervise medical storekeeper assistant.
· Keep areas of storerooms and warehouses clean and tidy.
· Report any incidents to supervisor (accidents, loss or damage of goods/equipment, existence of pests/Rodents of any kind, leakage, crack etc.)
· Ensure proper fire safety equipment are in place in the warehouse.
Education Qualified, Diploma or above in pharmacist technician/ Pharmaceuticals management. With “valid professional practicing license”. Experience • Two years’ experience Pharmaceutical stock management
• Essential: Certified in Pharmacy
• Desirable: training in warehouse/materials management.
Languages Mission language essential; local working language would be an asset Knowledge • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel
Competencies • Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Stress Management L2
How To Apply:
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram