Hygiene Promotion Assistant Position open at International Rescue Committee (IRC) Ethiopia, February 14 2022
HYGIENE PROMOTION ASSISTANT
Deadline: February 16 2022
Feb 14, 2022 – Feb 16, 2022
Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
JOB OVERVIEW: Under the direct supervision of the ERR Officer the HP assistant is responsible to support the implementation of rapid emergency response of hygiene and sanitation promotion and water supply activities by using appropriate hygiene promotion approaches, with required standard and principles, and level of participation. The position holder is also responsible for Client’s selection & verification, community mobilization, proper management of resources under the project.
- Conduct hygiene & sanitation promotion and health educations at community as well as institution level by using different hygiene promotion approaches
- Ensure the proper dissemination of hygiene and sanitation messages to the community at grass root level.
- Set targeting and / or assist in setting targeting criteria for client’s selection together with government partners, clients’ representatives, and other implementing partners as per the IRC ERR, ES-NFI cluster and NDRMC distribution guidelines.
- Closely follow up and monitor day to day water truck activity implementation under his/her duty station including the quality of water before delivering to the clients
- In collaboration with woreda and kebele partners Conduct kebele and client’s selection, registration, and verification as per the targeting criteria set to ensure impartiality for both in kind and cash response.
- Track and report material utilization to supervisor at field level in weekly basis.
- Conduct regular post distribution monitoring and periodic post distribution survey (in collaboration with MEAL team) for both in kind and cash response at household level.
- Organize community level hygiene awareness campaigns and prevention of transmitted disease.
- Organize training for community representatives on Hygiene and sanitation and transmitted disease.
- Assist the preparation of IEC Materials and monitor the distribution at community level.
- Work on building of the capacity of woreda partners and HEWs on WASH emergency promotion, NFI distributions and other health educations.
- Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor.
- Closely work with both kebele and woreda level partners for basic emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Collect, register, and report client’s feedback and complaints in weekly basis to Adama based MEAL team and supervisor also give response based on the level of the feedback.
- Ensure client responsive mechanisms are in place at all project implementation areas in collaboration with Adama based client’s responsive team
- Conduct different review meetings with woreda partners, HEWs and community representatives on progress of the hygiene promotion activities and client’s compliance and feedback management systems.
- Assists supervisor on detail Hygiene and Sanitation need assessments.
- Works closely with Woreda partners towards efficient and effective implementation of the response and emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Works in collaboration with other IRC staff, government partners & key stakeholder.
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
Education: BSc Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health, or public health.
Work Experience: Minimum experience of 0-year experience for BSc holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders. NGO experience is plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community and emergency context.
- Experience of community mobilization and NFI distribution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required
- Good command spoken and written English, Amharic and Afaan Oromo
- Knowledge of Afaan Oromo is added advantage
Preference will be given to qualified female candidates
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter only through IRC career site:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information:
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram