Medical Coordinator needed at Mathiwos Wondu Ethiopian Cancer Society, February 9 2022
Deadline: February 18 2022
Feb 9, 2022 – Feb 18, 2022
Mathiwos Wondu-YeEthiopia Cancer Society/MWECS/ is a local civil society organization established in 2004 and working on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) and their risk factors. MWECS is collaboratively working with Ministry of Health (MoH) and Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs) to curtail the growing NCDs burden in Ethiopia. More information is available at http://www.mathiwos.org/
MWECS has received grant approval from NCDI Poverty Network to provide financial and technical assistance to implement PEN-Plus Project entitled “Ethiopian PEN-Plus Implementation Demonstration Project for Chronic Care of Severe NCDs at selected Primary Hospitals”. The project will be implemented in two regions (Oro mia and Amhara) at two selected sites. Package of Essential Noncommunicable Disease Interventions (WHO PEN) puts forward a primary care model for NCDs. This model of care improves staffing, training, interventions, and equipment needed to Primary hospitals for decentralization of services emphasizing target severe and chronic NCDs conditions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Directs, coordinates, and oversees overall PEN-Plus Project implementation in all target regions and facilities.
- Responsible for the establishment of PEN- Plus clinics, on site Clinical support and knowledge transfer.
- Provide guidance, support, and advice to PEN- Plus clinicians at inpatient and outpatient level.
- Liaise with consultants at tertiary hospital to support selected sites in acquiring necessary hands-on knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, management and monitoring of severe NCDs.
- Provide technical support for PEN Plus laboratory, pharmaceutical supply, and diagnostic requirements.
- Provide clinical support for facility clinicians to deliver PEN Plus related patient assessment, investigation, prescription, and treatment.
- Work with selected hospitals and district HO and RHBs in improving referral linkage and catchment area meetings.
- Monitor the standards of care with high confidentiality and patient privacy using patent register and electronic medical database.
- Provides supervision, mentoring, training and development of clinical staff and their support team (Nurses, Psychosocial support team and data clerk etc.).
- Identify essential drug/medical supplies, diagnosis equipment that helps to deliver the required medical services.
- Plan and implement facility renovation and procurement of PEN Plus Commodities to improve the health care delivery of the project.
- Reviews, establishes, and maintains PEN Plus protocol and standards, ensuring that all policies, regulations, and guidelines are met.
- Participate in the development of strategies, training materials, protocols and other patient and provider tools with MOH and RHB
- Support quality improvement, safety, and infection control at the health facilities.
- Lead the development of training model center at the selected sites with RHBs and MOH.
- Provides technical support for health education activities in the health facilities and during outreach sessions.
- Support baseline assessment for PEN Plus demonstration project benchmarking.
- Conduct periodic reporting and analyzing monthly, quarterly, annual reports and terminal reports, including stock reports on pharmaceuticals and PEN Plus commodities.
- Develops Project proposal, operational plan, and budget in collaboration with project team.
- Properly compile and issues periodic reports for the project stakeholders and donors based on project clinical monitoring indicators.
- Performs any additional deliverable assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Duration of Application: February 8 to 18 ,2022.
Term of employment: Two-year Contract with possible project extension timelines and two months of probationary period.
Duty station: Addis Ababa with frequent field travel to Project Health Facilities and University Hospitals
Salary: As per the project scale and with some level of negotiation. It will also include monthly 2,000 Birr transport and telephone allowance.
- Time commitment: 100% level effort for the project.
- Number required: One.
- Education Requirement: Medical Doctor with specialty (preferably Internist or Family Medicine).
- Experience: Relevant qualifications, skills, and experience in the required field of study with 5 and above years of clinical work experience with essential experiences of NCDs management.
How to Apply
The applicants who meet the above requirements invited to send their three pages non-returnable CV with application documents via: email@example.com or in person at Mathiwos Wondu Ethiopian Cancer Society Head Office & Psychosocial Support Center, located on Bole Sub-city woreda 05, around Megenagna, beside Sidra International Hotel, house no. 156/ለ For more information contact Tel. 0116374711/ 0118122838/ 0911489504 P.O.Box: 80571 Addis Ababa
For More vacancy alerts join us on Telegram