Emergency Response Team Leader
- Position: Emergency Response Team Leader
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager
Supervision of: None
Duty station: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to field offices
Duration and type of contract: Fixed Term
- Role and responsibilities:
The Emergency Response Team Leader will provide and surge capabilities to support the overall planning and implementation of the emergency response and disaster risk reduction ambitions of the Ethiopia Country Programme. She/he will contribute to the delivery of the emergency preparedness and response ambitions of Ethiopia country programme in a timely, efficient, effective and coherent manner. She/he will be required to support the implementation of the emergency response project at field level, including providing advice, analytics and contributions to multi-sectoral emergency response operations at all level to ensure effective response.
- Strengthen current and establish new emergency response activities and rapid response in Ethiopia
- Initiate rapid responses with a strong protection lens and ensuring beneficiary feedback mechanisms is set up for every responses
- Ensure the adoption of humanitarian standards and cluster guidelines
- Contribute to emergency project proposals, reports and technical and financial documentation for submission to donors, internal and other external requirements
- Continuously monitor and analyze potential emergency situations and lead Rapid Responses in conducting assessments of hard to reach areas with a view to implement emergency response
- Prepare need assessments and post distribution monitoring surveys and reconciliation of deliverable reports
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments against project objectives are
- Represent NRC at emergency response coordination forums, relevant clusters, donors, UN and other working group meetings
- Collaborating and coordinating with the government, Community Based Organizations (CBOs), International and local-NGOs, and Affected Community Groups
- Participating actively on Regional, Zonal and Woreda level all CCs emergency related meetings and other relevant humanitarian/recovery coordination meetings
- Ensuring that all relevant stakeholders have information about the organization’s background, program, objectives, working areas, duration of programs and activities in the field.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Emergency Response Manager
- Area Managers
- Emergency teams
- AO Project Coordinators
- Logistics team
- Finance team
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
Value driven competencies:
- Values are aspirational attitudes and beliefs that influence the way people conduct themselves. NRC’s values are: Dedicated, Innovated, Inclusive and Accountable.
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
- Communication and inter-personal skills
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Minimum first level university degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Engineering(Water and Civil related), Sociology, Psychology, Rural Development, Psychology and related field of studies
- Minimum five years of relevant experience from working as a similar role in a humanitarian/recovery context and specific experience in one or more Core Competencies: ESNFI and WASH Livelihood, Cash based programing, Protection, and Information, Council and legal Assistance-ICLA.
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical expertise in Cash based programming
- Experience in protection mainstreaming is desirable
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple tasks and under time pressures in a fast growing program environment
- Calm, organized and decisive manner.
- Willingness and ability to work efficiently with a wide diverse group of people
- Good reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & problem solving skills
- Good oral and written English, as well as being computer literate
How To Apply:
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram