HYGIENE & ENVIRONMENT OFFICER
Deadline: February 11 2022
Location: Debre Birihan
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist the Quality Assurance Manager in the provision of Quality Assurance services to all technical sections of the Company, and to ensure the continuous improvement of process and product hygiene
OUTPUTS EXPECTED RESULTS Fire prevention Identification of risks and mitigation required
Systems and equipment in place as per LUNA standards
Conduct firefighting training and drills
Environmental Surveys done
Run the OHS programme for site
Systems established and maintained
Investigation of accidents and incidents
Promote quality excellence in the value chain
Identify Hygiene practices and risks in the Packaging area
Identify Hygiene practices and risks in the honey processing and production area
Ensure microbial control in the water bottling process.
Identify Hygiene practices and risks in the Honey Filtration rooms
Identify Hygiene practices and risks in water storage tanks
Identify Hygiene practices and risks in raw material stores
Identify Hygiene practices and risks in utilities.
Identify Hygiene practices and risks in work environment and waste management.
Identify Hygiene practices and risks in the staff canteen
Provide Hygiene expertise
Perform Plant Hygiene audit and drive improvement
Communicate process and product hygiene
Provide technical advice
Conduct training and assessment in the work place
Optimise cleaning and sanitizing practices and procedure across the plant
Implement Hygiene, Food safety policies and surveys
Identify problems or potential problems
Facilitate team problem solving and decision making
Apply problem solving and decision-making techniques and principles
Coach production staff
Work in Teams
Communicate effectively in the work place
Contribute to self and team development
Key Performance area MEASURE Quality Processes Interpret results, report and communicate
Participant in problem solving together with personnel of the technical and production sections.
Production Processes Ensure Hygienic practices adhered to during packaging and production of primary packing materials Safety Ensure Safety Practices are adhered to Innovation Carry out new projects and implementation as directed by immediate supervisor Stores Ensure hygienic storage of raw materials Others Carry out other duties which may be assigned from time to time by immediate supervisor
DECISION MAKING POWERS AND AUTHORITIES:
This person is authorised to:
- Stop any process which does not conform to LUNA Standards
- Translate any authorized process change
- Train and coach process team members where the need arises
DEPARTMENT: HONEY PROCESSING PLANT
SUPERVISOR: PLANT MANAGER
- COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- B.Sc. in Environment and occupational health and safety.
- 2 years’ experience in a food processing company.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIESAssist in Budget preparations and control
- People Management.
- Result interpretation, report writing and communication.
- Cost control.
- Projects monitoring.
- New system implementation.
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants are invited to submit their original documents with non-returnable copies of credentials and CV in person within 10 working days from the date of announcement to LUNA Export Slaughter House PLC Human Resource Department office located around Bole Cargo. E-mail Address Sintayehuluna@gmail.com, 011-662-78-94/96/98Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram