- Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (HFE) is a world leading organization committed to the treatment and reintegration of patients suffering from Obstetric Fistula and the training and deployment of qualified midwives to prevent Obstetric Fistula and other child birth injuries.
HFE which was established in 1974 G.C by Drs. Catherine and Reginald Hamlin has been caring for the women of Ethiopia for almost more than 60 years. Including our main Fistula Hospital in Addis Ababa we have 5 regional hospitals, rehabilitation and reintegration center and The Hamlin College of Midwives. We deploy midwives into rural health centers across the country and provide mentoring and other support services to these facilities.
The Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia is delighted to invite applicants for the following position:
This position provides professional nursing services to Optimizing patient care in medical OPDS and wards. In this role, the nurse works closely with doc tors, specialists, and other care providers to deliver day to day activities, short- and long-term care to patients. Nurses aid patients from the moment they enter the OPD by collecting patient information, supporting patient evaluation, administering treatments and medications as needed, and educating patients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Clinical Nurse includes the following, but are not limited to:
- The Clinical Nurse is responsible for the day-to-day management of the clinical care delivered to the patients such as Making daily rounds, recording and reporting progress on nursing note.
- Will also conduct preliminary tests such as Monitoring patient’s vital signs, blood pressure and respiratory checks and do other assessment as required to detect anomalies
- Work closely with patients throughout the intake process to help docto rs in treatment process, such as asking patients questions about current symptoms, medical histories, and medications to provide doc tors with a complete understanding of a patient’s current medical needs and background.
- Prepare equipment or other instruments for a docto r or assist with procedures during a patient’s stay.
- Also ensure that facilities are clean and prevent the spread of disease by sanitizing and maintaining equipment.
- Follow proper disposal procedures for potentially hazardous materials including needles and tubing and clean equipment that is used by multiple patients within the facility.
- Need to adhere to privacy laws to maintain patient confidentiality, and often need to provide family members and other care providers with information about patient health and well-being.
- Deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care.
- Promote a welcoming, caring and safe environment for clients and their families.
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions.
- Assessing patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
- Evaluate patient in pre and postoperative phases
- Gives oral and written reports of pertinent information to oncoming staff.
- Prepares and administers medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians.
- Accurately observes, reports and records any complication.
- Be aware of the five right (right medication, right patient, right route, right dose, right time).
- Demonstrates flexibility in recognizing and participating in 24-hour staffing if need occurs.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the Health of HFE.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Reports to: The Matron of the HFE
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Head Quarter and Desta Mender, which is located at Burayu, about 17 KM from Addis Ababa
Number of Candidates Required : 5
- Requirements – Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for the Position of Clinical Nurse
- BSC degree in Clinical Nurse
- Graduated from Recognized Institute in BSC Degree
- Attention to detail- This role requires a high level of attention to detail as clinic nurse listen to patient complaints, observe changes in their health, and provide treatment information to other care providers
- Communication Skills – Because they speak directly to patients and provide vital information to doc tors and patient representatives, clinic nurse must be effective communicator.
- Punctual, dedicated and ever ready to work in flexible and rotating shifts as per the requirement.
- Thorough knowledge of the medical equipment and administering medications and treatments
- Proficient in maintaining the clinical database and records considered important in the treatment.
- Committed in delivering the results using the ethical work standards, as well as strong analytical skills.
How to Apply:
Pay Attention to this Section
Interested applicants are required to fill Clinical Nurse Application Form .docx
Vacancy Form template carefully and submit through-mail/ Email: email@example.com/ to the Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia Human Resources Management Department within /10/ten working days of this announcement.
- ADDRESS: Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital) which is located at Kolfe Keraneo Sub City, K. 09, House No. 920; around Torhayloch, Behind the Swiss Embassy (behind Augusta Shirt Factory) Jimma Road Addis Ababa.
P.O. Box 3609
Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia
(Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital)
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED and Required to submit copies of non-returnable application CV in hard copy.
- Note: Use “Clinical Nurse” as the subject line of your email !
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram