- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Belgium has the following vacant position:
Condition: Relocated staff
Contract: 2 months, extendable
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to docto rs’ or CO’s prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population Responsibilities and tasks • Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting patient confidentiality and privacy at all times.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
• Assisting in sterilization in order to ensure that medical equipment necessary for sterile procedures during the mobile clinic is always available, according to MSF standards and procedures.
• Assisting the CO and MD in the care of referrals to higher levels of care during the mobile clinics by monitoring, evaluating according to parameters set by the CO or MD, and giving treatments as prescribed by the CO or MD. The nurse will also assist in following up on the referrals to ensure that proper patient care was received.
• Participating in data collection and keeping docto rs/supervisors informed.
• Helping load and unload the vehicle in preparation for the mobile clinic.
• Performing the cleaning, minor maintenance, and quality control for biomedical equipment used in the mobile clinics. The nurse will alert their supervisor of any malfunctioning of the equipment.
• Participate in mobile clinic activities and perform laboratory activities, wound care, EPI, medicine dispensing, and general treatments of patients on site.
• Perform a health education to patients receiving care in order to reinforce information given to the patient by the consultant.
• Provide education and training for HEWs on site or as needed for capacity building and up-to-date knowledge building.
• Assist the NTS in triage when needed.
Context Specific Accountabilities Due to the context, the SNNP Region sees a big displacement of people and the outbreaks of several diseases and therefore an increase on medical need. MSF is currently running medical and logistics activities in Konso zone, Alle Special Woreda, Derashe Special Woreda, Amaro Special Woreda, Burji Special Woreda and adjacent zones when outbreaks happen. It’s absolutely mandatory that all our staff is aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues.
MSF employees are subjected and must obey to the Ethiopian Labour Law and the MSF Internal Regulation document. As well as this, they committed to follow and comply with all the MSF fundamental documents (MSF charter, Behavioural Commitment and MSF code of conduct). These documents describe the rights and the duties of every MSF employee. Going against the provisions of these documents may lead to disciplinary measures and to dismissal. Unawareness of these provisions won’t be accepted as an excuse for inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour.
· Essential: recognized nurse degree/diploma
· Mandatory: 2 years of clinical experience either in a hospital or health center
· Desirable: 2 years of experience working with NGO’s or MSF
Languages · Mandatory: Good command of both Amharic and English Knowledge · Desirable: beginner to intermediate experience in Word and Excel Competencies · Results and Quality Orientation L2
· Teamwork and Cooperation L2
· Flexibility L2
· Commitment to MSF Principles L2
· Stress Management. L3
How to Apply
- All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID. Incomplete applications (missing certificates) won’t be considered.
Applications can be submitted to:
– MSF BELGIUM Konso Office, Green Hotel, Karat (please indicate on the envelope: the vacancy title and your name) or
– by email: to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 17/01/2022 Closing date: 21/01/2022
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON ROLLING BASIS and POSITION COULD BE FILLED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE.
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION. We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram