Jan 17, 2022 – Jan 25, 2022
Samaritan Surgical Center, Ethiopia’s first to specialize in surgical specialty services such as arthroscopic total hip replacement (insertion of artificial hip) and arthroscopic knee surgeries, Neurosurgery (including brain, Skull and Spine), Urology surgery (including Kidney & Bladder), Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Interventional/Neuro ICU, 24/7 Trauma and Emergency surgeries etc. The surgical center is a state-of-the-art facility that incorporates the latest surgery theatres, pre- and post-surgery rooms, recovery rooms, surgical wards, ICU, diagnostic facilities and it is staffed by renowned surgeons. The surgical facility focuses on providing sustainable; high-quality surgical care to patients. Accordingly, for the successful implementation of the health center activities, Samaritan Medical center would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the following position.
Summary of duties:
The Druggist is responsible for the day to day activities at the dispensing units and medical warehouse. Performing a variety of technical activities relating to the procurement of drugs, materials, supplies and equipment; performs related processing and record keeping functions such as pharmacy files, inventories and registries of controlled drugs; The druggist will also be responsible to plan, organize and coordinate drug store services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists departments in proper purchasing procedures
- Receive and verify all purchase orders and issue requisitioned items from inventory
- Prepares requisitions for restocking and replacement of warehouse items
- Contacts suppliers for prices, product information, new products, and standards
- Processes requisitions, purchase orders, bids, proposals and quotations
- Summarizes bid/quotation results
- Conducts necessary follow-up and tracking to finalize purchasing transactions
STORE / Record Keeping
- Organizing the drug store in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly. Providing information and advice about drugs proper storage
- Maintaining full control over delivering, stocking and labelling medicine and other products
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Safeguards store operations and contents by maintaining and monitoring security procedures and protocols
Input and retrieve data from the computerized inventory control system
Mark materials, label bins, and identify warehouse stock
Budget / Planning
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; create, manage and achieve the overall logistics as per the center budgets, whereby ensuring that all processes are in compliance with laws and regulations
- Maintains contact with other department heads, medical staff and nursing staff to determine needs, resolve problems, improve processes and promote effective drug supply in the center.
- Working with other health professionals to plan, monitor, review or evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs. Reviewing prescriptions from health care workers to ensure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients and to evaluate their suitability for the patient.
- Analysing prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent over or under stock.
- Responsible for overseeing the inventory management process
- Maintain adequate inventory control of drug store items and equipment
- Perform annual warehouse inventory
- Checks for completeness, accuracy and compliance of documentation with established standards
Perform other duties as assigned
Number Required – One
Job Grade: F1
Accountable to: Pharmacist
Qualifications – must have knowledge of:
- Purchasing standards, procedures and techniques applicable
- Warehouse and inventory methods and procedures
- Techniques utilized to evaluate bids
- Purchasing document preparation
- Fiscal/statistical record ke4eping practices
- Vendor and department customer contact and negotiation techniques
- Basic purchasing terminology
Education/ Training Required- BSc Degree or Diploma from recognized University or College
- A minimum of 2 years’ proven work experience for professionals having BSc degree or 4 years’ experience for professionals having diploma in the specified field of study.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
Licenses & Certifications: Licensed as a Pharmacy Professional or Druggist
Special Skills and Knowledge:
Written/Oral Communication: Demonstrates ability for self-expression with clarity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Judgment/Problem Solving: Exercises discretion and develops sound decisions based on available information and criteria; facilitates difficult situations by identifying and resolving problems in a timely fashion.
Teamwork/Cooperation: Works effectively with peers, staff and superior(s); is able to achieve overall results and either leads or participates in group efforts in a cooperative, dependable manner.
Initiative: Assumes independent initiative by using resourceful and imaginative ideas to improve departmental performance.
Flexibility/Adaptability: Demonstrates ability to respond/adjust quickly and smoothly to new and changing conditions.
Planning and Prioritizing: Demonstrates the ability to establish objectives, strategies and action plans; is able to prioritize realistically and effectively.
Knowledge of/Compliance with Policies: Exhibits accurate knowledge of and effectiveness in applying country laws, company and departmental policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
- Maintains a work place free of any hazards, and seeks assistance from the appropriate departments for investigating, evaluating, and resolving hazards to provide a safe and healthful work environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements should submit their application letter
together with a non-returnable CV and copies of supporting documents in person at Samaritan Surgical Center, located in (Meri Lukie) Yeka Sub City/ Woreda 13 area, inside Sunshine Real-Estate Compound or via email address: Samaritanscc@gmial.com or CLICK HERE Applicants may submit their application to HR and Staff Development unit of / Addis Ababa For more information, please do not hesitate to call us on 0111680003/ 0111680004
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram