Household Listing Team Leader – Impact of COVID-19 on Immunization Survey
- JOB TITLE: Household Listing Team Leader – Impact of COVID-19 on Immunization Survey
LOCATION: Addis Ababa and Oromia Region, Ethiopia
REQUIRED NUMBER: 4
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for one Month
The team leaders will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all household (HH) listing activities, including determining enumeration area (EA) boundaries, assigning EAs or EA segments to the listers, drawing a sketch map of the structures in the EA, and management of listing data and records. Each team leader will be managing two (2) listers. Team Leaders will conduct daily monitoring of the quality and quantity of HH listing data in the field; provide daily reports to the Central Coordinator on HH listing progress; and supervise, monitor and evaluate HH Listings and their activities in accordance with the project standard procedures (SOPs). The team leaders will also assign data collectors to EAs, dispense and keep track of tablets and technology equipment, organize field transportation of EA team, ensure availability of all HH listing materials, advise the HH Listers on problems encountered in the field; and review and verify the quality of HH listing data.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contact local authorities to inform them about the survey and gain their cooperation and identification of the local guide
· Coordinate all activities at the enumeration areas and ensure administrative and logistics are addressed
· Arrange for the reproduction of listing materials (listing manuals, sketch mapping forms, hardcopy backup forms, pens, stickers)
· Ensure teams have adequate field materials for the daily field work
· Ensure that two Listers are assigned per EA
· Make arrangements for transportation of the team to the field and best arrangements for accommodations.
· Assign, keep track of, and ensure safety of tablets and other equipment and supplies assigned to the Listers
· Identify boundaries of the EAs in collaboration with the Listers
· Determine segmentation needs of the EA and consult the Regional Coordinator
· Draw a detailed sketch map of the EAs
· Review quality of household listing and determine re-listing needs (considering calculated error rate and comparing number of structures calculated from tablet against number counted on sketch map)
· Enter information for households or structures that may have been newly found during quality control as QC listings in new Listing Forms;
· Finalize listing of each EA and upload listing data to the server
· Monitor HH Listers performance with the aim of improving and maintaining the quality of the data collected.
· Take charge of the team vehicle, ensuring that it is kept in good condition and that it is used only for project work
· Support Listers in solving problems they encounter in the field
· Communicate and solve problems/challenges with the Regional Coordinator/Central Office
· Compile daily and weekly progress reports.
- · At the minimum BSc degree from recognized university/college
· Experience in household listing and census activities and/or managing/supervising such activities
· Experience in supervision of household listing activities
· Experience in use of computer tablets is an advantage
· Census and DHS with survey supervision experience is a plus
· Able to travel for the field work
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
· Temporary hire for 30 days
How to Apply
- Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – January 16, 2022
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram