Reference No: REC / 003 /22 Job title: Clinical Nurse Location: Amhara Region -South Wollo and North Showa Zones Targeted Woredas Reports to: Woreda Project Manager Number of Posts 11 (Eleven) Closing date: January 20, 2022
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOALis a non-for profit organizationthat has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and umanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues incuding gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
Clinical Nurses are responsible for teaching patients about preventing and managing medical conditions. By relaying information, nurses help patients take control of their healthcare. Clinical Nurse who provides patient care in clinical settings. As a clinical nurse, your duties might include assessing a patient’s condition, administering medication, setting IVs, updating patient records, providing emotional support, and/or educating patients on how to manage their illness or injury.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/DUTIES
· As a clinical nurse, your duties might include assessing a patient’s condition, administering medication, setting IVs, updating patient records, providing emotional support, and/or educating patients on how to manage their illness or injury.
• Treating and managing the health concerns of patients and populations.
• A clinical nurse/BSC is an advanced-practice nurse who provides patient care and consultation services for a variety of health care areas.
• The clinic nurse/BSC asks patients questions about current symptoms, medical histories, and medications to provide doctors with a complete understanding of a patient’s current medical needs and background
• CN/BSC provide leadership in the advanced practice of nursing to achieve quality and cost-effective patient outcomes as well as provide leadership of multidisciplinary groups in designing and implementing innovative alternative solutions that address system problems and/or patient care issues. In many jurisdictions, CNs, as direct care providers, perform comprehensive health assessments, develop differential diagnoses, and may have prescriptive authority.
• CN/BSCs serve as patient advocates, consultants, and researchers in various settings
• Perform/Assist in any other tasks as required by immediate supervisor.
- Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
• BSc or diploma in nursing with a minimum of two years of experience for Bsc holder in HC/Hospital and minimum of four years’ experience for diploma holder.
Desirable qualities, skills and competences:
• Excellent judgment and decision making, clear verbal communication, situational awareness, close monitoring, problem solving, critical thinking, active listening.
• An efficient nurse is not one who has the common medical knowledge but someone who shows traits such as resilience, patience, and transparency in her personality.
• Having a strong work Ethic
• An eye for detail is the most important of nurse skills that a candidate has to possess.
• Compassion, Sensitivity, and Empathy
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language is mandatory
This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram