Health Officer needed at MOTHERS AND CHILDREN MULTISECTORAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION, January 6 2022
Jan 6, 2022 – Jan 13, 2022
Mothers and Children Multisectoral Development Organization (MCMDO) is an Ethiopian resident charity organization registered in accordance with the charities and societies proclamation No 621/2009 with a certificate No 0022. MCMDO currently is being implementing more than 24 projects Emergency and development projects in Oromiya , SNNPR, Somali, Gambella , Benishangul Gumuz , Tigray, Afar, Amhara, Harari, Dire Dawa and City Administration of Addis Ababa.
To meet its objectives MCMDO calls for competent professionals to apply for the following vacant positions
Provide medical care to patients he/she consults within the selected Mobile Health an nutrition teams (maternity, child health and all health related medical care’s ), according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, National and regional mobile health and nutrition team guidelines, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients’ health conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Health Officer is responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring of the MCMDO MHNTs related interventions in the assigned woreda. The Health Officer reports to the Health and Nutrition Supervisor.
- She/he is also responsible for ensuring adherence to the implementation of program activities according to nationally accepted standards guidelines.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention.
- Participate to the roster to carry out outpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting national protocols:
- Guides the midwifes in triage.
- Manage and consult complicated and emergency pregnancies and deliveries in pre-delivery and delivery room, participate to birth resuscitation when needed.
- Ensure that every patient is examined in outreach/MHNT sites and follow-up patients
- Participate to the procedures in OT under the responsibility of the OBGyn.
- Ensure that in the validation process for referral to other facilities and prepare the referral letter and documentation accordingly.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Works in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team and supports ongoing training, in coordination with the Mobile Health and nutrition team Coordinator.
- Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Exercises vigilance and informs the Mobile Health and Nutrition supervisor in the event of medical error.
- Performs any other duties as required by the Health program coordinator or Health and nutrition team coordinator.
Location: Different targeted woredas in Benishangul Gumuz, oromia, Afar and Amhara Regions.
Job Field : Health care
Type of Employment: Five month Contract
Number of post: 8
- BSc Degree or MPH Degree in Public Health with 5 year for BSC 3 Year for MSC working.
- Full registration and practice license with Health officer
- 5 years minimum experience as a Health officer or in clinical work, experience in obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, adult and under five children both OPD and inpatient is desirable.
- Previous MHNTs response experience is desirable.
- Previous management experience desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Strong work ethic and commitment to humanitarian objectives
- Highly motivated, flexibility, quick learning and team working
- Fluent in spoken and written English, local language is an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants shall send their application letter together with CV through: [email protected] within five working days from the day of this announcement ONLINE ONLY.
Address: Ginfele in front of Ras Amba Hotel. Tel. 0118697461
Note: Use “Health Officer” as the subject title of your email. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram