Program Assistant needed at DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT, January 6 2022
Jan 6, 2022 – Jan 15, 2022
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#002/2022’
The Ethio-German Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) improves the employment prospects of young Ethiopians by promoting quality and relevance in vocational training and higher education. In cooperation with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MoSHE) as well as related agencies and institutions, the programme establishes strong linkages between the education and the private sector to support the development of a modern education system geared towards employment and economic growth. In this, employers, education providers and public authorities come together to identify their needs and jointly develop education and training solutions that best tackle the skill mismatch.
Duration of contract: 30.11.2024
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Responsibilities and Duties
Secretariat work and services
The project/programme assistant
- organises and coordinates appointments for the head of component
- answers, reviews, forwards and/or takes calls
- manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email) and prioritises and organises it
- replies to and looks after correspondence (replies)
- prepares and organises information materials for the head of component and/or meetings
- helps organise events and document meetings, workshops and seminars within or outside the project
- helps prepare visitor programmes, draws up travel schedules, organises transport of visitors and makes hotel and ticket reservations
- participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these, e.g. by writing minutes
- photocopies and scans documents as needed
Office coordination, office management and general coordination
- The project/programme assistant regularly draws up a list of forthcoming meetings and events
- reports damage/defects in office furnishings and equipment to project management and organises and follows up on maintenance and repair
Administration and knowledge management
- The project/programme assistant creates and maintains an address file with important contact addresses
- helps create and maintain a filing system for the component, treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance
- updates the filing system regularly with incoming and outgoing correspondence
- The project/programme assistant ensures that visitors (guests, counterparts, project staff or consultants) are comfortable by offering newspapers, refreshments
- Experienced nurse (f/m) with academic degree in nursing, health science / public health with proven practical working experience of at least 2 years
- Teaching experience and qualification at TVET or higher education level
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Experienced user of MS Office
- Fluent and written English
How to Apply
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Program Assistant #002/2022 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram