PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER
PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER Grade: C2 Department: Program-IYA Reports to: Program Director Direct reports: NA Duty Station Addis Ababa, Country Office Length of Employment One year with Possible extension Required No ONE Job Summary The program support officer will report to the program director and will provide a holistic and proactive program management, coordination, operation and monitoring and evaluation support to the senior management and the program team of the consortium partners in IYA. The position holder will facilitate the relevant support between finance, admin, procurement and HR team and the program team to enhance program management function in general. S/he will also have a support role in facilitating different workshops, meetings and discussions that will be arranged physically and virtually among consortium partners and beyond. The position holder will have the following key roles and responsibilities and we prioritize youth professional applicants who do have the relevant qualifications. Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Program planning and management
• Support the senior management, program/technical, M&E and consortium IP teams in annual planning and budgeting to develop the annual work plan; monitoring and evaluation plan, quarterly and annual progress review meetings, regular report compiling, and other required reports or products in IYA;
• Assist the CSOs under IYA in preparation and review of budgets and work plans and ensure such plans are implemented accordingly;
• Assist in the day to day program implementation of activities and ensure activities are in line with the approved work plan and budget;
• Support technical advisors on any technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities for CSOs to enhance program quality and impact;
• Support the coordination of activities within the team of technical, program and operations staff;
• Support communication processes and play a liaison role among program and operations team.
2. Program coordination and communication
Lead coordination of training activities, as well as planning technical and operations field visits from the country office; provide guidance on training coordination to CSO;
Support the SI director and the M&E team on organizing and facilitating quarterly and annual review meetings at the national level and provide support to CSOs to hold quarterly, bi-annual and annual review meetings at regional level;
Support the “kefeta” project coordinators to enhance effective coordination of all consortium members together with the respective technical advisors to ensure the implementation of the work plan;
Support CSO offices and CO staff to assess and identify technical assistance needs with regards to technical skills in close collaboration with the Capacity Development and Partnership Advisor;
Support coordination with CSOs, communications and M&E team to document lessons learned and success stories, and ensure linkages with knowledge management and other Amref youth projects, as part of an integrated approach
As the request of supervisor, serve as the liaison person responsible for nurturing relationships with youth led organizations and other key partners, and organize opportunities to share experience and learnings;
3. Program monitoring and evaluation
• Contribute to the preparation and dissemination of internal and external reports and presentation, as well as all deliverables requested by government partners and donors;
• Support program and M&E team to ensure timely reporting of program activities and progress towards higher level goals and objectives per donor requirements and Amref quality standards.
• Document lessons learned and share with other projects, Amref Country programs and implementing partners;
• Participate in joint supportive supervision visits together with the SI team.
4. Program operations
• Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources;
• Provide proactive support to the program team on operations, including supporting all finance, administration and procurement needs of program and technical team; coordinate with operation support team to ensure effective program implementation;
• Coordinate program operations needs, in close coordination and collaboration with the administration and logistics officer, in compliance with relevant Amref and USAID regulations
• Facilitate and initiate discussions between program and operations team to proactively address arising matters or bottlenecks.
• Support facilitation of the operations governance meetings and document relevant discussion summaries and share to consortium partners.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Public Health Officer , Project Management, Economics, Development studies, Social Sciences or related fields; having a masters degree would be a plus.
Experience • More than three years of experience implementing development programs (e.g., economic empowerment, education, health). Experience working with the private sector is a plus;
• Experience in project design, project management, training and capacity building. Experience working with USAID programming is a plus.
Skills / Competencies: • Ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy, particularly related to negotiation and conflict management in a multi-stakeholder environment is required;
• Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills;
• Excellent written and oral English and Amharic language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including business, government, the general public and the media;
• Strong IT literacy and skill
• Ability to travel outside of Addis upon request
How to apply
- If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/program-support-officer/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for
this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be Janaury 11, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of
the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people
and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal
opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
For more vacancy Alerts join Doctors Online on Telegram