Dec 24, 2021 – Dec 30, 2021
Job Title: Data Quality Improvement and use Mentor
Required Number: 1
Duty Station: Oromia
Reports to: Central Data Quality and use coordinator
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Summary of Responsibilities
The mentor will be responsible for assisting the Health facilities in strengthening the ecosystem of data quality improvement and information use for monitoring and evaluation, learning, and informed programmatic decision-making. He/She will be responsible for maintaining regular mentorship to health facilities and assist the day-to-day technical data quality improvement, use and related activities. He/she will mentor, coach for building the capacity of data clerks, program and M&E staffs on both paper based and enhanced EMR-ART system management, data quality assurance, data analysis, and information use. He/ She is expected to have a hands-on experience in health information management system implementation and strong analytical, supervisory and mentorship skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with data clerks and other team members to perform baseline and post campaign data quality checks using information from both paper based and electronic sources to ensure accuracy, validity and completeness of all HIV services related records at the facility.
- Liaise with the regional DQI and Data Use coordinator to ensure regional implementation of appropriate strategies and tools developed at the central level for strengthening the use of health data, identify data quality challenges at different levels, and build capacity to implement different DQI mechanisms through mentorship.
- Mentor data clerks and M&E staffs at the facility in HIV quality assurance, data analysis and interpretation and use of data for performance review and continuous quality improvement.
- Build capacity and ability to generate report, data quality assurance, tracking, dissemination, analysis and use routine health data for evidence-based decision making at regional and lower levels through organizing mentorship and coaching.
- Identify and mentor champions of data quality and information use at health facility level and further develop their capacity as leaders for improving data-informed decision-making.
- Facilitate the use of enhanced EMR-ART and other information systems for data analysis, visualization, and decision-making.
- Provide technical support for HFs to identify, manage, package and disseminate key health information to facilitate evidence-based decision making at the point of data collection.
- Support the regular updating of electronic database at facilities supported by the regional office.
- Actively participate in documentation of experiences, lessons learned, case studies, and other technical documents.
- Participate in regular progress update meetings with data quality improvement team, which include providers, Data clerks, unit heads and MRU personnel.
- Monitor and compile daily progress report of facility level team
- Participate on the weekly progress update meeting at central Level
- Review and submit consistent and reliable data/reports for higher levels on weekly basis.
- Perform post campaign Data Quality Audits
- Submit a weekly and monthly report on technical assistance activities, as well as findings and recommendations for strengthening data quality assurance and use practices and compliance with the national guidelines.
- BSc Degree in Health Sciences, MSc in Health informatics, M&E or Public Health from a reputable college/ university is preferred.
- Minimum experience of 5 years for BSc and 4 years for Masters in the Ethiopian health systems.
- Basic computer knowledge with the ability to use the MS office applications
- Experience with HIV/AIDS-related information system
- Both English and Amharic language skills required
- Expertise in using EMR and other health information systems is a plus
- Expertise in statistical software and computer use proficiency
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and write reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills to ongoing challenges.
- Strong organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills.
- Capacity to operate both as a team player in large diverse teams as well as individually.
- Demonstrated exceptional coaching and mentoring ability.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – December 30, 2021
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online on Telegram