Position: Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Gode, Somali, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: Dec, 31/2021
Scope and background:
IRC has been present in Ethiopia since 2000 to respond to artificial and natural disasters. IRC is currently operational in five regional states and 24 refugee camps implementing a diverse range of multi-sectoral interventions. IRC currently responds to the needs of vulnerable HHs affected by climate change in Shebelle and Afder Zones and surrounding districts through multi-sector interventions that address both short and long-term needs. Under the program “Emergency life-saving and complimentary assistance to communities affected by drought in Elele and Qohle Woredas of Shebelle and Afder Zone”, IRC intends to implement a multipurpose cash transfer project in the two zones in collaboration with the government, INGOs, and partners to mitigate the impact of conflict and draught on the most vulnerable households (women, children, old people, and the person with a disability). The project intends to meet both the food and non-food needs of the target households and their family members.
The Position mainly involves undertaking rapid Hygiene Promotion Assistant (HPA) need assessments and implementing emergency WASH response. The HPA will be based in Gode Townof Somali Region and can be deployed to Elele and Qohle Woredas and any other emerging emergency situation in localities as needed.
- Reports to hygiene promotion officer.
- Integrating with other team members, the Sanitation and HP assistant undertakes detailed Hygiene and Sanitation needs assessments.
- Assist HPO in the Preparation of detailed physical & financial implementation plans for emerging emergency responses.
- Assist in preparing IEC Materials to be used at the community level.
- Ensure the accurate convey of hygiene and sanitation messages.
- Prioritize community-level hygiene awareness campaigns and prevention of Cholera.
- Coordinate training for community representatives on Hygiene, sanitation, and Cholera control.
- Plan and ensure the accurate distribution of Non Food Items.
- Works closely with Zone, Woreda Water, and Health Offices towards the efficient and effective process of the response;
- Works in collaboration with IRC Cash transfer teams to ensure accurate integration of the interventions.
- Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit them to the supervisor.
- Prepare brief emergency-related monthly updates to the supervisor.
- Facilitate community participation during the emergency interventions.
- In coordination with woreda DRMC and other relevant sector offices HP Assistant, Ensure the implementation of project activities.
- Facilitate meeting for program staff with partners on identified gaps
- Conduct continuous monitoring and evaluation of project activities with relevant government partners.
- In collaboration with other ERR Manager and Cash, the transfer team ensure a high level of community participation in the project and regularly monitor terms of money with local labor market standards.
- Identify, compile and maintain training materials for use.
- Provide information on technical problems and feedbacks to the technical team on time.
- Report activity progress and situation on monthly basis to the Cash officer
- Maintain strong working relationships with respective IRC staff and partners like Community health workers, kebele leaders, schoolteachers by coordinating regular review meetings at kebele level at least once per month.
- Perform another task assigned by his/her supervisor.
- BSc Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health, public Health, and Social science field
- 0-year experience for BSc Degree holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community settings.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is an Asset.
How to apply
Internal Career Site: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/23209?c=rescue
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible, also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by the International Rescue Committee (IRC)? If the answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO|
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified female candidates
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram