Deputy Chief of Party & Project Technical Director
- Company Overview:
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and Technical Director for an anticipated USAID project that aims to support Ethiopia’s health sector in planning, implementing, regulating, institutionalizing, and sustaining the quality improvement efforts in the country for improved client satisfaction and health service utilization to improve health outcomes. The DCOP will provide operational and managerial support to the COP but will be primarily responsible for leading the technical direction and oversight for the project’s technical activities. S/he must have an appropriate balance of technical team leadership and interpersonal skills and experience. The ideal candidate must be a recognized technical leader in the RMNCAH clinical and system strengthening areas with demonstrated technical expertise in at least three of these five technical areas – RMNCAH service delivery, quality improvement and quality assurance models and approaches, data use, health financing, or community health services. Having the capacity to successfully interact with host country agencies, including federal, regional, and woreda level players, development partners, civil society and community-based organizations is essential.
This position will be based in Addis Ababa and is contingent upon award.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and conceptual guidance for the strategy and implementation for all technical components of the project.
- Provide technical direction and oversight in the design, implementation, and monitoring of workplans and budgets.
- Advise the COP in the alignment of the project’s staffing, including consultants, with work plans and additional requests from USAID.
- Supervise technical staff, as appropriate, to ensure activities are on track and meet Palladium’s technical quality standards and delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure adherence to USAID, project, corporate, and in-country policies, and procedures governing all technical work.
- Liaise with USAID management team on all issues pertaining to technical aspects of the project, including meetings, workplans, and technical updates, and respond to ad hoc technical requests from USAID and other entities.
- Work with technical leads to design and implement strategic approaches to expand project activities and innovative approaches.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations, white papers, technical briefs and peer-reviewed publications on innovation, scale up and sustainability of RMNCAH quality of care improvement.
- Guide and support training and capacity development efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets.
- Organize, as needed, project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Represent the project and organization, as needed, and participate in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Position Requirements
- Medical degree or advanced nursing degree in women’s health, public health, or a related field.
- Progressively increasing responsibility in public health with experience in a senior technical leadership position on a project that focuses on RMNCAH quality of care improvement in Ethiopia or similar settings.
- Recognized technical leader in maternal, new-born, child and adolescent health quality of care improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated technical skills and ability to build synergies across technical disciplines and teams.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory experience of multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Experience in interacting with technical working groups, host country agencies, including national, regional and woreda level leaders and teams, development partners, civil society, private sector, and community-based organizations is essential.
- The ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.
- Full professional proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research)
- Must be willing to live and travel within Ethiopia.
How to Apply
- For immediate consideration please follow the link below and apply online:
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online on Telegram