OTP Nurse needed at Action For Social Development And Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO), Doctors Online Ethiopia, December 20 2021
Dec 19, 2021 – Dec 27, 2021
ASDEPO is a humanitarian, Civil Society Organization founded in 2014 that works in all regions of Ethiopia. ASDEPO fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery.
For this reason ASDEPO is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the following positionsJob description
- Respect the dignity of beneficiaries, careers & community members at all levels.
- Plan and implement OTP/SC activities as outlined in the protocol to achieve objectives of the project.
- Throughout the project implementation, work with and ensure transfer of capacity to HEWs and HWs, COA’s in each health posts and SCs of target woredas.
- Ensure that the HEWs and HWs provide quality SAM case management services to children under five year in accordance with the MoH and SPHERE standards.
- Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC and TSFP) according to national/international guidelines.
- Support community-based volunteers (FDAs) for the implementation of the community component of the project (OTP/SC).
- Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality medical and nutritional care through existing resources.
- Ensure the health post is always and at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and medical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
- Assist HEWs and HWs in the planning and promotion of awareness creation on health and nutrition key messages dissemination in the community.
- Organize quality registration, recording and documentation of patient-related data in the OTP and SC according to national protocol thereby ensuring accurate data collection and reporting to worded health office and PIE’s project office according to approved formats.
- Participate in the organization and delivery of nutritional trainings for health worker and HEWs in the Woreda.
Quantity required: 3
Location: At all hard ship areas of Ethiopia
- BSc Degree Diploma in Nursing, Nutritionist or Public Health
- Minimum two years working experience for Degree and four years’ experience for Diploma holders out of which two year experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition related fields Knowledge, training and experience in CMAM and community mobilization/BCC
- Knowledge and experience in management of moderately malnourished children and PLWs
- Knowledge on IDP and refugee context is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter, CV (with three reference check) and include details of your current remuneration through email address:- email@example.com
Note: Use ” OTP Nurse ” as the subject line of your email.. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted. Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for exam and interviews. “ASDEPO is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”