Dec 19, 2021 – Dec 27, 2021
ASDEPO is a humanitarian, Civil Society Organization founded in 2014 that works in all regions of Ethiopia. ASDEPO fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery.
- Provide inputs for adjustment as necessary to ensure fair community awareness, sensitization and health education dissemination to beneficiaries, and correct functioning of the networks
- Respect the dignity of beneficiaries, careers and members of the community at all times.
- Report to and receive support directly from the Nutrition Officer ensuring that all problems are conveyed in a timely manner
- Assess the quality of the ASDEPO Nutrition (CMAM) outreach activities including, BSFP, TSFP, OTP, SC and IYCF/ECD programs.
- Cross check and report with any shortage likely to occur in related to health education materials for each community mobilization supervisor and community nutrition promoter.
- In collaboration with the Nutrition Officer, participate in the revision of a community education syllabus and use of education tools.
- Attend weekly community and RCC management meetings.
- Collaborate with other program sectors in sharing information and ideas ensuring that the community mobilization of the nutrition program complements other emergency and development activities within the program
- Provide technical support and training where required to all community outreach team members.
- Generate ideas to strengthen the development of the community outreach unit.
- Assist in any other tasks when required.
- Respect the security rules at any time.
Quantity required: 02
Location: at all hard ship areas of Ethiopia
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to effectively work with government, community leaders and other ASDEPO relationships
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with colleagues in course of work
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines. Ability and willingness to travel and work in areas where the project is implemented
- Ability to cope with stress; hardship; patience and flexibility
- Demonstrated experience and skills in ensuring community participation and gender issues in humanitarian programming Prepare detailed implementation plan and share with staffs
- Ensure implementation of all health planned activities upon expected quality and schedule at all levels.
- Follow up of project implementation through organizing regular update
- Represent ASDEPO in any meeting organized at project site
- Diploma in Nursing or Public Health
- 2 years’ work experience public health /social work, preferably NGO experience
- Fluency in English, Amharic and preferably local language of the working area
- Willingness to work in hardship area
- Team Player and ability to work with people of multicultural and diverse interests
- Experience in hardship areas.
- Knowledge on IDP and refugee context is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter, CV (with three reference check) and include details of your current remuneration through: email@example.com
Note: Use “Community Outreach Supervisor” as the subject line of your email Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted. Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for exam and interviews. ASDEPO is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram