OHIO STATE GLOBAL ONE HEALTH INITIATIVE Vacancy, Doctors Online Ethiopia, December 17 2021
OHIO STATE GLOBAL ONE HEALTH INITIATIVE PUBLIC HEALTH FULL TIME
Dec 17, 2021 – Dec 23, 2021
Ohio State Global One Health, LLC (Ohio State GOH, LLC)
Ohio State Global One Health, LLC (Ohio State GOH, LLC) is an affiliate entity of The Ohio State University working extensively on a range of One Health-related projects targeting laboratory, surveillance, and healthcare (both human and animal) workforce capacity strengthening through applied education, training, and research throughout Ethiopia. Our organization would like to invite interested professionals to apply for the following vacant positions for the implementation of a project on Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI).
The candidate will be assigned / seconded to Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital to conduct active sentinel surveillance for Adverse Event of Special Interest (AESI) following COVID 19 vaccine and will take the following specific responsibilities:
- Daily review of all medical charts of the hospital for AESI’s on the list for all patients eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccines
- Search discharge diagnoses for the selected AESIs on electronic medical records, by standardized ICD-9/ICD-10 codes, or the equivalent local discharge diagnoses coding being used by the hospital.
- Document identified AESI in the appropriate data collection forms
- Collaborate with the treating physician of the hospital, AEFI project coordinator and data clerk for related activities
- Follow quality assurance SOPs regarding data collection, to ensure standardized, high-quality data are collected
- Participate in AEFI meetings/calls, contribute to reports
- Execute other responsibilities as required by the supervisor;
Employment type – Full time one-year contract with a possibility of extension up on availability of funds and successful performance.
Line of responsibility – AEFI Surveillance officerswill be directly responsible to the AEFI project coordinator
Place of work – to be seconded to Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital, Addis Ababa
Number required: Two
Required Qualification and Work Experience
- Medical Doctor (MD) having of more than 1 year of experience on data collection and research activities
- Work experience in the field of pharmacovigilance, clinical trial and medical research, AEFI monitoring and surveillance is a plus
Adjunct skills Required
- Skills in use of ICD codes and identification of AESI
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Skills and experience in Excel and statistical software
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application documents, CV and other credentials electronically as one pdf document through CLICK HERE
NB: Applications send through other e-mails will not be accepted. Application documents should include three recommendation letters and list of three references with contact details (email & Phone numbers).