- Addis Guzo (Swiss NGO) provides mobility assistance, rehabilitation program and skills development training to people with disabilities in Ethiopia. We offer our employees a unique workplace with a family atmosphere, unconventional and innovative ways of working and high professionalism. We expect integrity, intrinsic motivation, commitment, readiness for learning, performance and a “hands on” working attitude.
Full-time physical therapist.
Scope of work includes physical therapy, adaptive play therapy, sensory therapy, functional communication, and elements of occupational therapy. We do not expect you to be proficient in these disciplines, but to learn and apply them. We value close cooperation with our team of physiotherapists, a special educator, a therapeutic assistant and a specialist in adaptive play and functional communication abroad as well as with the parents and caregivers of the children, and we build on intensive and interdisciplinary cooperation with the team of the Mobility Auxiliary Workshop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Professional assessments and development of individual therapy plans for participants in the Early Intervention Program, Children and Adult Physiotherapy, implementation of physical therapy taking into account a holistic approach to therapy, collaboration with colleagues, parents and caregivers, seamless documentation and evaluation of the therapeutic process, advanced training and use of adaptive play and functional communication, among others.
Job Category : Physiotherapist in the Rehabilitation Department
Program Areas :Early Intervention Program, Children and Adult Physiotherapy
Place of Work: Addis Guzo Center, Addis Ababa, Geja Sefer, Lideta Woreda 5
Salary : Between 16,628.00 birr and 19,274.00 birr Basic salary (depending on previous work experience and according to salary structure)
- Required Qualifications:
- BA or above in Physical Therapy, fluency in written and spoken English
Required Attitude and Skills:
- We are looking for a dedicated physical therapist who primarily wants to specialize in physical therapy for children with special needs. Your main interest should be to participate in an innovative way of working with children with disabilities and to break new ground. Our approach to work is holistic. It includes physical therapy, adapted play therapy, sensory therapy, functional communication and elements of occupational therapy.
- Previous professional or personal experience with people living with disabilities is a plus
How to Apply
- Application Documents: Please note: We will only consider complete application documents, which include a letter of motivation, a CV with photo and a copy of certificates. The interview will be conducted in English. Fluecny in English is Mandatory.
Interested applicants should send a digital application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram