Emergency Project Officer, Health
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
The project’s overall goal, to which the position holder is being hired, is to contribute to Ethiopian communities’ recovery from the desert locust invasion and their resilience to shocks and crises. The project will combine humanitarian interventions that mitigate risks and vulnerability to help target families overcome the immediate negative effects of the desert locust invasion with development interventions aimed at building target families’ adaptive capacity to withstand similar crises in the future. The identified project will focus on cash and voucher assistance, food access, WASH, natural resource management, and livelihood diversification.
Why we need you?
We are looking for an Emergency Project Health Officer, who will act as the focal person for the Health sector in the area of operation and provide leadership regarding health strategic direction of the project.
What we provide…
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career
As an Emergency Project Health Officer, you will be in charge of the following:
- Conducting all activities planned under the project in a timely manner and in accordance with the budget allocated.
- Monitoring and implementing the project activities as per the plan and provide project data for timely decision-making.
- Identifying and involving all key stakeholders in the woreda on a regular basis and support woreda health office in strengthening surveillance system at facility and community level.
- Representing SOS CVE, participate in woreda level meetings
- Delivering trainings and education to targets on preventive health
- Participating in health assessments in assigned woreda when needed.
- Providing support in developing and implementation of a community based communication strategy
- Supporting local government health care institutions with different need based medical supplies
- Working closely with staff from other sectors to ensure integrated approach in program implementation in his/her woreda.
- Assessing and identifying nutritional status of malnourished children and lactating caregivers
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual project reports
- Providing and/or facilitating trainings and workshops as per the project work plan
- Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BSC Degree in nursing/ Public health Officer
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience as a health professional
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centers.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Ethiopian Healthy policy
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise implementation of emergency health response projects
- Good technical and report writing skills with excellent computer skills.
- Good command of in both spoken and written English language
- Fluency in languages spoken in the target community (Oromiffa)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge…….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
“Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people”
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram