Senior GBV Officer
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at [email protected].
Scope of Work
The GBV Senior Officer is reporting to the GBV program manager and Addis GBV team. She/He will provide technical support in the implementation of GBV response and prevention activities in IDP sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with the GBV Program Manager and GBV Specialist to understand program goals and to meet expectations
· Contribute to ongoing assessments and analyses to better understand protection risks, to map points of service for survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals, and to identify support structure.
· Analyze trends of GBV and suggest ways to develop/adjust program strategies to meet needs
· Contribute to program design and the preparation of concept notes and proposals, providing necessary field information/ data
· Identify and reinforce existing support mechanisms and work closely with local counterparts to ensure community buy-in and cultural appropriateness of activities
· Strengthen case management and referral systems
· Work with teams and communities to develop appropriate prevention and awareness-raising/behavior change strategies
· Organize and support trainings for healthcare providers, as needed and appropriate
· Compile monthly and quarterly reports, on time and with accurate data
· Coordinate with government counterparts, local and international NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders to ensure holistic support for survivors, including participation in strengthening GBV SOPs and referral pathways
· Actively participate in protection/GBV working groups and contribute to interagency initiatives, also promoting International Medical Corps as a leader agency in GBV
· Ensure maximum visibility of International Medical Corps and relevant donors amongst the UN and NGO community
· Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct
· Assist in the selection, training and support of qualified program staff
· Develop support strategies for staff and introduce principles of self-care
· Develop work, spending and procurement plans in line with International Medical Corps ’s financial pipelines
· Work with Finance and Logistics to procure supplies within program budgets
· Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- · MA Degree or BA/BSc Degree in health, social work, sociology, psychology, gender, legal or other relevant fields from recognized institution
· For MA Degree 1-2 years of experience in GBV, psychosocial support, social work, human rights, protection or related areas; and for BA/BSc Degree 3-5 years of experience in the above-mentioned fields is required.
· Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects
· Supervisory experience
· Familiarity with standards and guidelines for GBV programming and coordination
· Experience in representing and promote the agency in relevant coordination forum.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently
· Ability to work well with a cross-cultural team
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English; knowledge of Afaan Oromo is mandatory.
· Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net on OR before Dec 15,2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply
Website for reporting misconduct:www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
For more vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram