Senior Specialist, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH)
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Salary: ETB 40,000 – ETB 120,000 monthly
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Anticipated Start Date: June 2022 (Please note that this position is contingent upon award)
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Specialist, Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (MNCH) for an anticipated Pastoral Primary Health Care (PHC) Activity in Ethiopia. The purpose of this award is to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes. The activity will build local capacity and closely work with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the respective RHBs to improve Primary Health Care (PHC). It supports implementation of the Health Extension Program (HEP) Roadmap and supports the Government of Ethiopia’s overall effort to achieve the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP).
In close partnership with the Chief of Party, the Sr. Specialist, MNCH will be responsible for the overall strategic and technical vision in the areas of maternal, newborn and child health. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and oversee implementation of integrated MNCH program strategies in line with USAID and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Ensure that the implementation team has a clear understanding of the project’s technical design, including its focus on improving access to and utilization of integrated, quality, respectful and responsive client centered MNCH services at both the facility and community levels.
- Provide mentoring and capacity building at the individual, organizational, and programmatic levels in MNCH.
- Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify clinical and community health system issues that impede access to quality care and uptake of services.
- Identify and implement appropriate facility- and community-based strategies to address access barriers and service delivery gaps.
- Participate in periodic, structured programmatic and data reviews to guide adaptive management.
- Backstop and provide technical support to the technical managers of the program to ensure planned activities are being implemented with the highest quality and on time.
- Work with the program leadership team to articulate and implement a knowledge management and shared learning plan including defining implementation research priorities.
- Lead the design and content development of technical materials, briefs, papers and other knowledge management and visibility products.
- Graduate degree in Public Health, or related field required; clinical degree/background preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience with seven years of experience working on MNCH programs in Ethiopia.
- Experience working on USAID-funded MNCH, FP, RH, and/or HIV programs preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with progressively increasing responsibility for designing, managing, and implementing complex health activities, with a focus on MNCH programming involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners; direct experience with quality of care and respectful maternity care a plus
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with governments, professional associations, health care professionals and communities to prioritize and address MNCH issues.
- Considerable experience with and capacity to collaborate with partners at multiple levels, including Ministry officials, NGOs, professional associations, civil society, private sector, and other partners working in the health arena.
- Proven capacity to effectively manage and mentor staff with varying levels of experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally, written) in English. Fluency in Amharic required.
Citizens and residents of Ethiopia are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply:
Click the link Below to Apply
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram