Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Officer
- REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The M & E Officer will report to the Project Manager administratively & technically to the M & E Manager.
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that quality data are obtained from the project activities in a timely manner to enable the availability of robust data with analysis, reporting and interpretation on which to base decisions and convey trends and progress.
- Support the timely collection and processing of data to enable monthly and quarterly reporting to meet project and donor requirements.
- Enable the collection of data disaggregated by key variables including gender, age, location, disability and other specified variables.
- Develop the capacity of staff and partners to support effective monitoring and evaluation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- The M & E Officer will closely work with the M & E Manager in accomplishing the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain trust and good relationships between Orbis and its partners in collaboration with the respective sector institutions, collaborating agencies, health care workers and volunteers, and communities in Orbis supported projects’ areas
- Review and compile all training reports conducted through Orbis support
- Review and compile annual MDA reports including coverage supervision results for all Orbis intervention rural districts
- Review and compile monthly TT report from all Orbis trachoma intervention rural districts and make it ready for submission to the FMOH by 10th of the following month
- Develop/adapt beneficiary feedback mechanism for Orbis supported projects and support projects in data collection as needed
- Maintain comprehensive Orbis projects’ files containing but not limited to project plans and amendments, project agreements, monthly/quarterly/annual reports, midterm and final evaluation reports, surveys and baseline data, case stories, important communications and all other M & E records both in electronic format and in hard copies
- Develop and periodically revise M & E Operational Plan and detailed indicator reference sheet for Orbis supported projects’
- Develop and periodically revise Orbis supported projects’ data collection and reporting instruments
- Regular visit to Orbis supported projects’ sites to provide technical support to partners’ staff on M & E related issues
- Conduct regular data quality assessment in Orbis supported projects’ sites and follow-up TT surgery data verification
- Review and compile quarterly progress and annual reports of Orbis supported projects
- Regularly update Orbis projects’ site profile
- Participate in annual planning and periodic evaluations of Orbis supported projects’, partnership and review meetings and conferences, as required.
- Develop and maintain electronic database for Orbis supported projects
- Ensure quarterly reports are uploaded into INDICATA by the respective program/ project managers
- Train Orbis supported projects’ staff and partners’ staff in using data collection/ reporting tools and database and in understanding Orbis M & E system
- Provide technical support to Orbis staff for satisfactory and timely recording and reporting of project activities and case stories
- Plan and participate in annual planning and periodic evaluations of Orbis supported projects, partnership and review meetings
- Ensure the implementation of field activities adheres to Orbis’ monitoring and evaluation system
- Facilitate and involve in baseline studies, special assessments, trachoma impact and surveillance surveys and research activities in Orbis supported projects, as required
- Update trachoma prevalence data after completion of each trachoma/surveillance survey
- Provide feedback to partners and program teams on Orbis supported projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
- Share learning from M & E process with partners and Orbis projects’ team
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by his supervisor
Terms of employment is up to the duration of the project that is September 2022
- QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- MPH/MSc in Statistics or Public Health or M & E and other related fields with at least two years of experience; or BSc degree in Statistics or Public Health or M & E with at least four years of experience in M & E position
- Previous working experience in the health sector and/or an international NGO is advantageous
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in computer use including statistical packages such as SPSS, EPI Info, Stata etc.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Able to interact and (manage) people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to foster an open trusting work environment
- Accepts accountability for works planned and promised and respect deadlines
How to Apply
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV’S throughAs a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Us On Telegram