OVC Care and Support Officer
- Job Description:
Under the supervision of the Project coordinator, the Care, and Support Offices will be responsible to provide technical support and follow-up on the comprehensive OVC targets and primary HIV prevention services to 9-14 adolescents. The position holder will directly provide support and direction to SSWs, Data clerks, CEFs, and Primary prevention teams. The officer will also be responsible to build the capacity of caseworkers, social service workers, and stakeholders, and partners to implement the Comprehensive OVC services, establishing and maintaining effective referral networks; and fostering an environment to provide the OVC minimum package of services with acceptable quality standards. The role will also have a strong focus on providing Support through training, mentoring, and supervision and facilitating linkages to other care and support services prevention clubs and other services for OVCs and also expected to formally establish of partnership with all stakeholders on behalf of the organization by signing Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the roles and responsibility shared to all stakeholders.
• Overall responsible for the town-level implementation of the project activity and target delivery.
• Provide technical support and follow-up on the comprehensive OVC targets and primary HIV prevention services to 9-14 adolescents
• Provide support and direction to SSWs, Data clerks, CEFs, and Primary prevention teams.
• Build the capacity of caseworkers, social service workers, stàkeholders, and partners to implement the Comprehensive OVC services,Establishing and maintaining effective referral networks, and fostering an environment to provide the OVC minimum package of services with acceptable quality standards.
• Provide training, mentoring and supervision and facilitating linkages to other care and support services
• Provide support and follow-up to prevention clubs and other services for OVCs
• Establishing of partnership with stakeholders signing Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the roles and responsibility shared to all stakeholders
Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
- Job Requirements:
BSC/BA Degree in health/ social sciences or related field
• Five years of progressive experience with social development, health child protection, household, social protection, education, health and nutrition, and HIV/AIDS care and support.
• Field experience in the prevention of HIV/AIDS with a focus on highly vulnerable children
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, community, and public health facilities, private sector entities, local community structures.
• Willingness to work in the wellbeing of children and in safeguarding and child protection matters
• Experience with USAID funded PEPFAR OVC and or HIV/AIDS programs in Ethiopia is an added advantage
• Previous NGO Experience
• Demonstrated skills in knowledge management
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and positive professional attitude
• Good command of English and local language knowledge of Oromiffa.
• Ability and great interest to work in a team and be a good team player. Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information
- How To Apply:
- Interested candidates can submit CV and application letter through ethiojobs within 10 working days from the date of the announcement. Please write the position you applied for, in the subject area.
ISHDO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For more Vacancy Alerts Join us On Telegram