- SCOPE: The Position mainly involves undertaking rapid Hygiene Promotion Assistant (HPA) need assessments and implementing emergency WASH response. The HPA will be based in West Guji Zone, Bule Hora Town, Gelana Woreda Tore Town and Suro Berguda Woreda Suro Town of Oromia Region and can be deployed to any other emerging emergency areas localities of the country program whenever need.
- Reports to hygiene promotion officer.
- Integrating with other team members, the Sanitation and HP assistant undertakes detail Hygiene and Sanitation need assessments.
- Assist HPO in Preparation of detail physical & financial implementation plan for emerging emergency responses;
- Assist in preparing of IEC Materials to be used at community level.
- Ensure the accurate convey of hygiene and sanitation messages.
- Prioritize community level hygiene awareness campaigns and prevention of Cholera.
- Coordinate training for community representatives on Hygiene, sanitation, and Cholera control.
- Plan and ensure the accurate distribution of Non Food Items.
- Works closely with Zone, Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective process of the response;
- Works in collaboration with IRC Cash transfer teams to ensure accurate integration of the interventions.
- Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor.
- Prepare brief emergency related monthly updates to the supervisor.
- Facilitate community participation during the emergency interventions.
- In coordination with woreda DRMC and other relevant sector offices HP Assistant, Ensure the implementation of project activities.
- Facilitate meeting for program staff with partners on identified gaps
- Conduct continuous monitoring and evaluation of project activities with relevant government partners.
- In collaboration with other HPO and Cash transfer team ensure high level of community participation in the project and regularly monitor terms of money with local labor market standard.
- Identify, compile and maintain training materials for uses.
- Provide information on technical problems and feedbacks to the technical team on time.
- Report activity progress and situation on monthly bases to the HPO/Senior ERRO of the respective woreda.
- Maintain strong working relationships with respective IRC staffs and partners like Community health workers, kebele leaders, schoolteachers by coordinating regular review meetings at kebele level at least once per month.
- Perform another task assigned by his/her supervisor.
- • BSc Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health, public Health and Social science field
• 0 year experience for BSc Degree holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
• NGO experience is plus.
• Hygiene promotion experience in local community settings.
• Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
• Good command spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of the local language is an advantageous.
How to Apply
- Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity AntiRetaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online Ethiopia on Telegram
Please don’t comment your resume for the above opportunity. We say this because Doctors Online doesn’t claim any direct Affiliation with the opportunity provider.
Instead please read the article above thoroughly and decide whether you qualify as a candidate or not. Once you decided on that, and found yourself as an eligible candidate, Please know that every opportunity provider has its own specific rules on how to successfully apply. In order to read and follow those specific sets of rules please go to the ‘ How to Apply ‘ section and follow the step mentioned Precisely.
Comments sent here are not accessed by the opportunity provider. Comments are public so if you decided to comment tour resume, you will expose your private information to the public.
If you have any question on this opportunity, feel free to contact us on our telegram bot t.me/DoctorsonlineEthbot
If you find yourself to be under qualified for the above opportunity, do not worry. Doctors Online Ethiopia posts various opportunities everyday so that anyone with any level of expertise will have an opportunity best suited for their needs. If you follow the opportunities we post on this website from the to time, its inevitable that you will secure at least one of the exciting opportunities for yourself.
To succeed on securing any job opportunity you need to work on these 8 simple yet very important job skills and any employer will be lucky to have you.
If you are a health professional , a health science student or some one who is anticipating to get into any health care field, we can tell you that scholarship opportunities on Doctors Online are more likely fit for you. Doctors online Ethiopia has connections with healthcare professionals who successfully applied for a scholarship abroad and are Pursuing their studies in Europe and USA. So stay tuned and work on increasing your chance of being accepted and we can guarantee that you will land an opportunity for yourself.