- Job Description:
Internal/External VACANCY A NNOUNCEMENT
Ethiopian Red Cross Society Oromia Region West Arsi Zonal Branch Office invites qualified applicants who meet the following qualification and experience requirements to apply for the following position.Organizational Background
Established on 8th of July 1935, the Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) is a pioneer humanitarian organization in the country providing emergency and development services to the people of Ethiopia vulnerable to and affected by manmade and natural disasters without discrimination to race, color, nationality, sex, religion and political outlook. ERCS was recognized by International Red Cross Committee (ICRC) and also admitted as 48th member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent in the same year.
The Society operates based on the Charter issued by the Government and according to the fundamental principles stipulated in article 5 of the Geneva Convention to prevent human suffering, care for health and life, maintenance of peace, wellbeing and development of human being. The Society assumes an auxiliary status as per article 9 of the revised charter to public authorities.
The post is a professional job that requires the ability to plan, organize, supervise, direct and coordinate the overall operation of ACROSS Ethiopia Covid-19 Response across the Humanitarian-Development Nexus in Ethiopia project that was under implementation in Shashamane, Arsi Nagelle and Dodola Towns of West Arsi Zone Oromia National Regional State.
The PC is primarily responsible to manage over all activities of the Project, and also prepare & submit regular performance reports to all relevant stakeholders.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Under the supervision and direction of Zonal Branch Head, the Project Coordinator is responsible to/for:
- Plan, organize, supervise, and manage the overall activity of ACROSS Ethiopia Covid-19 Response Across the Humanitarian-Development Nexus in Ethiopia project
- Provide regular technical assistance and supportive supervision to project area/staffs and also facilitate the capacity development of stakeholders and working closely with Zonal and woreda health, Education, water and mining office.
- Facilitate, coordinate and conduct the familiarization of project team and stakeholders with the project approaches.
- Monitor activities achieved through physical supervision and field reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders
- Adhere to the administrative policy of ERCS in all courses of action and provide information about the project as per the regulations of the organization,
- Ensure that the systems are in place and implemented to regularly collect data that identifies project progress relative to goals; closely monitor progress towards the desired project
- Produce periodic project performance reports according to the requirements of the donor and Zonal Branch Office: Monthly, quarterly, annual, interim and final reports and submit to zonal branch head
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders including Government offices, learning institutions, networks and NGO representatives to identify opportunities, synergies and partnerships for ERCS program.
- Perform other duties assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
Place of Work: (West Arsi) Shashamane Town with frequent travel to project intervention Towns.
Number required: 1(one)
Terms of employment : Contractual/ Initially for 1 year with possibility of renewal depending on performance and availability of fund
- Job Requirements:
- MPH/ MA or BSc/BA in Environmental Health, Public Health, Health Science. Social work, Sociology, social anthropology or other related field of study on Health and related academic background
Related Work Experience
- Experiences in the area of project coordination, proposal and donor report writing are preferred; Minimum of 3/5 years relevant work experience (Particularly on WASH related projects).
- Ability to speak, read and write in Afaan Oromo, Amharic and English languages
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants should send a non-returnable complete application letter together with copies of other testimonial within Ten days of this vacancy announcement to the following address through postal service Only.
Ethiopian Red Cross Society
Oromia Regional Office
P.O. Box 122637
Finfine Tel. 0114 40 59 83/0114 42 32 04
Ethiopian Red Cross Society
Oromia Region West Arsi zonal branch
P.O. Box 519
Shashamane Tel. phone 046-110-61-18
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram