Refugee and Returnees Services Vacancy, Doctors Online Ethiopia, November 29 2021
Junior Environmental Health Professional
- Job Description:
- Lead and coordinate the planning, implementation , monitoring and evaluation of environmental measures for disease prevention,
- Undertakes detail environmental health need assessments
- Provides supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to refugee community health workers (CHWs)
- Ensure proper waste management and infection control measurements are in place.
- Contribute a technical assistance in the establishment of a new refugee camp as required
- Provide technical support in the preparation of specifications, designs and BOQs for Water and Sanitation infrastructures.
- Regular conduct review meetings with community representatives and refugee central committees to ensure environmental health program is client responsive
- Ensure accurate documentation of environmental health activities and experience at field office level
- Conduct needs assessments, project review assessments, and post-project impact assessments as needed and advised.
- Maintain smooth work relationship with water and Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion , finance , supply chain and other staff
- Contribute to ensure team spirit and to provide effective technical, logistical and management support for all aspects of project implementation.
- Attend the WASH coordination meetings or represent the organization in other relevant forums as required.
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
- Conduct regular check of employees and premises hygiene and sanitation. Report any variation in timely manner.
- Track employee (food handler) health check.
- Develop hygiene and sanitation chemicals and equipment list.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve EHS, improve protocols, processes and PPE equipment.
- Make sure the construction under the projects are with the highest quality standard and free of technical defects
- Coordinate with the partners in water quality testing and in scheme disinfection and ensure it is done timely.
- Performs any other relevant duties when found appropriate.
- Job Requirements:
- Grade: – VII
- Basic Salary: – 6,079
- Required Number: – 01
- Sex: – Male or Female
- Place of work: – refugee camps under Gambella refugee program coordination office.
- Education: – Graduate from recognized university or college with BSc Degree in Environmental health and has valid professional license.
- Job Experiences:- 0 year experiences.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged for all of the above vacancies
- Benefit Package: – 30% PF (Provident Fund) of Basic Salary, Hardship Allowance 50% of Basic Salaries and other benefits.
- How To Apply:
- How to apply: – Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements are expected to submit their CV and the required education documents like the degree and professional license only through ethiojobs website within 5 consecutive working days from the date of this announcement
Short listed applicants will only be contacted
Employment: Full time
For More Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram