Assistant Verification Officer (AVO)
- Reference number: Rec/005/21
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
Purpose of the position/Job’s aim
The Assistant Verification Officer (AVO) is part of the verification team consisting of already existing other Verification officers. S/he works in direct collaboration with and under the responsibility of the PBF Programme Coordinator in Bahirdar, to whom s/he reports directly.
The Assistant Verification Officer (AVO) conducts monthly verifications of the under PBF contracted Amhara Zone Health Facilities in order to verify declared monthly HMIS data; as well as gives support to contracted Community Based Organizations (CBO) in conducting quarterly verifications of the Health Facilities registers attendance and client satisfaction surveys (perceived quality of care).
Responsibilities and Accountability
Business plan & Contracting
- Assist the responsible VOs to facilitate the timely preparation and signing of HFs, Woreda Health Offices (WHO), Amhara Zonal Health Department (ZHD) and CBO contracts with Cordaid Bahirdar Office operating as the Purchasing Agency.
- Assist the responsible VOs in facilitating regular BP reviews and timely submission to Cordaid Bahirdar office.
- Assist with contracting of CBOs and PBF project
- Conduct monthly quantity verification visits to each Health posts and assist VOs health centre/Hospital monthly verification contracted (only Health Facilities with big catchment population)
- Assist with cross triangulation of registers and process follow check data fabrication,
- Assist entering the declared and verified PBF-data of the contracted facilities HPs and actors into the PBF data base system.
- Collect random samples from the health facility registers and provide client relevant information for quarterly the client satisfaction surveys to be done by the contracted CBO’s.
- Verify the quarterly client satisfaction questionnaires of the contracted CBOs for completeness and accuracy of data.
- Verifies and supervises the work of community-based interviewers at the household level
- Assist the VOs and WHOs staff to conduct quarterly quality supervisions of the Health centers,
- Ensure that client satisfaction surveys are conducted by the contracted CBO’s according to the PIM and the agreed guidelines and deadlines
Trainings and Coaching
- Train the newly contracted Amhara Zone HFs, CBOs, in PBF as formulated in the PIM of the PBF project.
- Identify and make recommendations to overcoming obstacles and challenges encountered during the whole implementation of the PBF-project.
- Coach the Health Posts & contracted HFs on how to manage their documentation, on how to reduce errors in their reports and how to improve their HMIS.
- Plan and coordinate the activities of the contracted CBOs
- Monitor the use of subsidies of the contracted HF’s (with focus on HPs) monthly and compile quarterly use of subsidies report and submit it to the Team Leader.
- Monitor if the contracted HFs are in line with their BPs with regards to Health Posts activities and follow financial procedures. If not, report discrepancies to the responsible VO
- Monitor if all documents all related to use of subsidies are kept properly and chronologically
- Compile weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates to the Project Coordinator.
- Assist VOs to ensure that proper PBF files of all contracted parties are maintained
- Submission of the monthly returns of the logistics, finance, and administrative activities to the PBF Project Coordinator/Administration Officer
Representation and networking
- Represent Cordaid and the PBF-project within the Amhara Zone. Where needed, liaise with relevant stakeholders in and outside the project area to ensure its success. Function as an active member of the PBF-Amhara Zonal Steering Committee
- Qualifications and Experience
- Public health background with a degree in Nursing, Midwife, Health Promotion or Public Health and at least 1 year working experience (attachments and internship) in the health sector with exposure to PBF processes.
- 6 months working experience with the Ministry of Health (at district, zonal or regional level) is an advantage.
- Basic exposure and understanding of Performance Based Financing
Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences
- Knowledge of and working experience in the Amhara Zone is an advantage.
- Effective internal/external communications – a team player, with the ability to establish a team and to work as a team, adapting to different personalities and situations, maintaining positive working relations.
- Ability to work and succeed under distant supervision and guidance, meeting deadlines.
- Independent, dynamic and capable of organizing his/her work, while having the ability to work accurately.
- Good networking and social skills.
- Good command of the Amharic and English language.
- Good experience with relevant computer software packages.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and present data. Good report writing skills.
- Able to ride and in the possession of an (Ethiopian) motorbike license.
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning & Organization
- Problem solving
How to Apply
- Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For More Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram