Health and Nutrition Assistant
- Job Description:
- ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Amhara, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
Under supervision of the Health & Nutrition Officer, the Health & Nutrition Assistant is responsible for supporting all start-up health and nutrition activities in FHI 360 program implementation areas in Amhara. They will be responsible for providing technical guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate international technical standards and guidelines are technically sound.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
· Work closely with the Health & Nutrition Officer to achieve program objectives and targets effectively and efficiently.
· Collects and coordinates data needed by health and nutrition staff.
· Reviews and verifies information to ensure compliance and accuracy of source documents, policies, and procedures.
· Maintains records and data utilizing automated systems for tracking protocols, agreements, training materials, data sets and final reports.
· Prepares trainings and training materials for field site locations.
· Provide continuous field-based assistance to all mobile medical units and static facilities.
· Assist in collecting and compiling project data regularly including case studies, success stories and photographs of facilities.
· Provide regular updates on inventory of medical and non-medical items supported by the project.
· Help improve the quality of nutrition and primary health care (PHC) services delivered at supported facilities and continuous monitoring.
· Any other tasks assigned.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 months with possibility of extension
- Job Requirements:
REQUIRED AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· At least 3 years of national work experience in the field of nutrition or primary health care programs, including emergency and humanitarian response.
· Bachelor’s degree related to health or nutrition.
· Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) is highly preferred.
· Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
- How To Apply:
- We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions. And interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter with ‘Health and Nutrition Assistant-Bahir Dar/Dessie in the subject line as one document to HREthiopia@fhi360.org.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram